sankies, where does the name originate?

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
regarding the name sanky? does it apply to both men and women, and is referred to only those who reside in the dr? or other islands as well? and do the domincans know that they are called this?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Sounds to me like the words "sankie pankie" come from the phrase "hanky panky"...

Just my guess though...

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
so, im assuming that if i called anyone a sankie ill get the shit kicked out of me? hmmm ill know not to say that when im back there in march and hanging out in a bar. and im assuming that name is for genders? thanks for the info? now for the next question. if they know theyre called this? are they proud of their feats? taking the tourists money, im thinking that they dont really care, being paid prostitutes, cause basically that is what they are arent they?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
kunky said:
so, im assuming that if i called anyone a sankie ill get the shit kicked out of me?

Depends on the circumstances.

Actually, there are times they provide a valuable service. I'm thinking about when they make a huge fuss over a girl who probably gets no attention at home.

Of course, when these girls post on the board that they found true love in the DR, that is a different matter.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Sankie is short for sankie pankie which came from the words hanky panky. It refers to the males in resort areas using tourists for money. Yes, they know they are sankies and no they do not like to be called a sankie to thier face. They will deny that they take money for sex or being nice to the ladies. Among themselves they do brag about how much they got from the women though and laugh about how stupid the tourists are for believing them. They are good at what they do and if the need was not there they would not be able to take care of thier families so good. You can learn all you want to know about them by doing a search on this forum. We have discussed the subject to the max here! It is an interesting subject but people are tired of answering the same old questions here.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
dulce said:
We have discussed the subject to the max here! It is an interesting subject but people are tired of answering the same old questions here.

I don't mean to be rude dulce.... but 'we have discussed' is referrin to yourself and ken, members that have been active on this site since Jan. 2002

Has it occured to you, and to some older members around here, that some new members might prefer to discuss some topics with other newbies rather than read your old discussions in the archives about similar topics? Kulka and NV_ are both new... aug 2003. Yourself and Ken, for example... have been here since Jan. of 2202.

And guess what? this thread could go on without your input. Just don't bother with it... and let other people interact.
so why not let them enjoy some messages back and forth instaead of coming along with an attack? It amazes me to log into this board every so often, and just read some of the new people simply abiding by the rules and trying to make conversation.... and always there's some member coming along with an attack/accusation. It breaks the harmony... and it's not cool.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
My understand is that we can do searches on old topics to save space. That treats them as a kind of frequently asked question so newbies can get the information. PMs and e-mail is another good way to communicate back and forth without using the message board's disk space.
mk

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I don't think dulce is attacking anyone here. She perhaps wanted to explain why there haven't been a lot of answers yet.

Lee Lee instead of bashing dulce which is the very thing you are complaining everyone does here, give kunky an answer.

Thank you

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
thanks anna, ive learned quite a bit about the dr people since i found this forum. im very impressed, and am seeing the light regarding their culture. regarding my friend in the dr, i know he is a sankie and i dont care, im not bothered by the fact that "it is the way of life" as i was once told, but im now wondering if what he tells me is really from his heart and not just bulls*** even though it'll be 5 more months until i see, him i have a lot of questions and it'll be interesting as to when i get there. im certainly not naive, and i realize he's not waiting for me, ha that would be an understatement, but lets just see as to whether he pays for anything when im there next. i know someof his family, and i am in contact with them all throughout the year, and i do hope they are genuine, as i would be let down if the whole family were sankies too.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Whether it's straight from the heart or not doesn't really matter does it? You said you go there to have fun for a week and besides you have a husband at home. So enjoy have fun and if you're giving him anything in return so what? As long as you know where you stand.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
yea, youre right anna. i guess im just hoping that he is a good person, as i want to believe everything he says. even though im 4 hours away, and live in reality right now, i still care about him and his family and im hoping he cares about me too. id hate to find out that hes a typical dr man, and that ive wasted 2 years caring about him. man, theres a lot of questions i want answered when i get there. cheri

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
kunky, now you disappoint me. The way you described your trips to the DR, you were coming for recreational sex with a Dominican. If that is what you want to do, fine.

But now you want to feel you are loved, etc., etc., etc. That you are not, at least no longer than you stay. You leave and some other gal takes your place. That is the way it works. Your sanki is a stud and he has plenty of fillies to service. He is too busy to think about you except when you are here with your wallet and spread legs.

The longer you continue, the more twists and turns your story takes, and the more you take on the appearance of a sock puppet.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
ken, first, and most importantly, I AM NOT SOCK PUPPET!! and i dont go to the dr to have casual sex. and i am not returning because of the fact that i have a sex toy!!! i do have friends down there, and i do go to hang out with them, and by the way they are female. i am not looking for love down there, but i am wanting to come away from all of this with some friendships. not just a lay for the week. as for the amigo, oh yea, theres plenty to go around, im not that stupid. like i said before, i am wanting to come away from my holiday hopefully making some friends, who i hope will be honest with me while im there. id hate to learn that all the contact we've had for 2 years was a bunch of lies on their part.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
so,if ken is a typical dr man, how long have you been in business? lol and have you never been in contact with the women you've been with for longer than a week. i dont like stereotyping any culture, let alone people as every gender is not alike.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
kunky said:
so,if ken is a typical dr man, how long have you been in business? lol and have you never been in contact with the women you've been with for longer than a week. i dont like stereotyping any culture, let alone people as every gender is not alike.
Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuleze, do not knock Ken. He is the Sanky Surpreme. They come back over and over and over again for him. Parties at his house don't start till 3 am. He is a wild one!

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
hey scott, im not knocking ken at all, its just that im not a sock puppet, and i might have come across as one, but im not. hey and as for his pleasures, and business, im impressed. there is nothing out there that would shock me, or make me thing badly of anyone. im not that kind of person. whatever one does in their life is their business, we all do what we have to, to survive. so, scott does this mean you've been to his parties? just wondering? hmmmm

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What a waste of bandwhatsit. Ken is a great sankie I'm going there just to find out how good he is. Ken will Barb join us or what? Kunky we're just pulling your leg. Hang arpound get to know us.

Your question was " sankies, where did the name originate? " The question was answered by NV_ "Sounds to me like the words "sankie pankie" come from the phrase "hanky panky"...

And dulce "Sankie is short for sankie pankie which came from the words hanky panky. It refers to the males in resort areas using tourists for money."

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
im hanging around anna, besides cant go anywhere til march, then i can come back with hopefully better stories than what ive got so far.