Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
AMERICAN AIRLINES (a) will eliminate the $5
charge for inflight entertainment on flights in the US,
Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Passengers can
bring their own headsets, or purchase one on board
for $2. The change becomes effective November 1.
The airline currently does not charge for
entertainment on international flights. (b) is
launching EveryFare, which will allow travel agents to
access web-based fares.

Martinair is doing the same!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Late news again

They charge $2 for the headphones, and charge zero if you have walkman type headphones.

This year AA has not asked for the fee for that boring "Eye on AAmerican" "entertainment" for quite a while.

I have done the MIA-SDQ trip 6 times in 2003 and I can't honestly say they charged for it this year at all. Given the headphone quality you'd be better off saving the two bucks and bring your own.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not giving up All the free entertainment

AA cant give all of it up ---Isnt it entertainment enough to put up with the check-ins (especially for the 6:30AM flight from NY)-the boarding procedures by many that insist they can put a 30" tv in the overhead? The guy drinking Johhnie Walker Black from a flask at 9am? The one person that cant speak Spanish among three hundred pass. and needs to use the john NOW? The applaus upon landing?

What do you mean they are giving up the entertainment??? :>

roca

Jun 23, 2003
What?

Waddaya mean starting Nov 1. I just visited Las Vegas (Oct.11-19) and I was charged the 2 bucks for the headphones on every part of the trip. Not only that, last time I flew American prior to this trip was in Nov. of 2002 and I was also charged $2 for the headphones. Those thiefs, not for the headphones but for the way they treat dominicans. I can't wait till they finally go bankrupt.

S

Stephen

"the way they treat dominicans"

...........you are right. They treat the Domincians terrible.. I (not dominican) have even been told by stewards/stewardess' etc that the Dominican's need an Advocate with American Airlines.......but the real issue that noone ever wants to address is that the Dominican's are treated the way they are, because they ALLOW IT! ...............and it's the same in the Dominican. They are abused by the police, power companies, people in power etc.....because they ALLOW IT.

sorry about that..I meant to reply and actually went into your response by mistake

cmedina07

Last edited by a moderator:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Re: "the way they treat dominicans"

Stephen,

Most dominicans are just getting a reaction from flight crews. I mean seriously, have you seen how many of them act while on a plane? I would be fed up with them also.

Following instructions is non existent to my paisanos when on an airplane. It's really a shame.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
as far as entertainment...this is not anything new as already stated.

Continental is doing the same. They say they will charge you but most of the times will just give you the headset at no charge. You can keep it and use it over and over again.