Bank Wire In Euros

Juan_Lopez

Oct 21, 2003
I sorta asked this in another forum but here goes.

Does anybody know of a bank that will send euros via wire if I buy with pesos or US dollars? In the Santiago area? Current info appreciated.

Here is what I posted in other forum:

Maybe I should ask this in business forum ? but I can't get any bank especially Popular to send a wire to Holland in Euros. In past I changed dollars to buy pesos and then purchased euros, nobody wants the action now, not to mention the dollar against the euro is getting creamed. september 2002 cost me .84 cents to buy 1 euro. today it is over 1.20 i believe(have to check docs) I am not talking about a few hundred either ...... 5 figures and they won't touch it this is getting bad..................

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Do Uou have a bank account over here in the DR? If so, who with? Can't you get them to issue you with a debit card so that you can DRAW Euros from the local cash dispenser? I think you will find this much more convenient & less expensive than getting a wire transfer!

Banco Mercantil say they will do wire transfers, Cashiers Cheques etc in US $'s, Euros AND ? Sterling. They also have Banking on Line facilities so that you can make inter-bank transfers yourself on line!!

If you want to keep the replies confidential (& why wouldn't you on all financial enquiries) feel free to drop me a PM or e-mail.

Grahame.