Marry in dominican church

sweetmary00

Nov 5, 2003
I am not from the dominican republic and i wanna know if ANYBODY has information about marrying in a dominican church!!

Pleazz reply!

Thnak you...sweetmary

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Sweetmary,

By "dominican Church" do you mean a Catholic Church?
If you do then I must warn you that the Catholic Church makes people wanting to get married take courseson Marriage and sex(go Figure) Also most churches have a waiting period and a hefty "Donation" requirement.
Of course all can be swept aside with a larger "Donation!"

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]Tony C[/B] said:
Sweetmary,

By "dominican Church" do you mean a Catholic Church?
If you do then I must warn you that the Catholic Church makes people wanting to get married take courseson Marriage and sex(go Figure) Also most churches have a waiting period and a hefty "Donation" requirement.
Of course all can be swept aside with a larger "Donation!"
Right on all the accounts, except about the "hefty" donation. My brother got married a few months back. I know for a fact that they didn't make a "hefty" donation.

Last edited:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Pib,
Your brother is Dominican and probobly is a parishoner so the church has been milking him for years already.
The Hefty donation is for Foreigners getting married in the DR. Trust me. I know this one. In 1988 they asked for $5k US(of course) from me. Haggled them down to $1,500.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
$1500? Who was the priest, Jimmy Swaggart? For that price in DR, I certainly hope they have finished the TonyC wing of the church by now.