From POP to Samana and something else

Nov 5, 2003
Caribe Tours website is not working (at least for me) so: what's the bus fare from POP to Samana? And how about from POP to Santo Domingo,around the same?
Also could You recommend a place where I could have my photo's developed somewhere in the POP/Playa Dorada, what's the price range? The reason for this is that as this trip is our honeymoon we'll be sending "thank You"- cards for all of those who partied with us on Our wedding day. We were thinking of taking a photo of us in a special place (Playa Rincon????) and then make copies to go with card. Long story, hopefully someone can help me out. BTW, is Cafe Cito any good these days?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Caribe Tours from POP to SD is around RD$150. Less than that, I believe, to Samana.

Nov 5, 2003
thanks ken

thanks for You prompt reply, 150 somethiing like 4USD right?
Sounds like a bargain, any idea how long does it take by bus to Santo Domingo/Samana? I read that there's only one departure per day ( 7 a.m.)from POP to Samana and it comes back 4 pm so not too much time spend. Correct me if wrong.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, only one bus. Leaves POP at 7pm and Sosua at 7:30. About 4 hours from POP, including the short stops in Sosua, Nagua, Nagua and Sanchez to pick up and drop off passengers. And, yes, bus returns to POP at 4pm.

Nov 5, 2003
You mean

Departure from POP 7 am, not pm I presume. OK Thanks, so If the bus arrives to Samana around 11am so there's only 5 hours to spend and the another 4 hrs back. That means sitting on the bus for 8 hours! Thanks Ken , seems to me that I won't make any plans for a Samana trip.