punta cana

Luke79

Nov 6, 2003
Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to get from punta cana to santo domingo (short of hitching :) Is there a bus service from the airport?
I am flying in from london on the 10th dec and return on the 24th
Thanks for any help
luke

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
There is no direct bus service from PUJ to the city. Buses leave from Bavaro Center, they have a stop a mile away from Bavaro Plaza. Make sure you will arrive early to the station, direct bus "BAVARO EXPRESS" operates twice, like at 7 AM and 3 or 4 PM. Ticket is about 200 Pesos. You should take a taxi from the airport to the bus station. If you will miss express you should travel vua Higuey, take a bus Bavaro - Higuey, 1 hour and you will be able to get a direct bus from Higuey to SD, last bus from Higuey leaves like a t 5 or 6 PM.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
if you will arrive late and will miss a bus to Higuey taxi drivers will ask you to pay zillion dollars to get you to SD, in this case you better stay at a cheap hotel in PUJ, like Cortesito Inn or whatever that level and travel next day.

Luke79

Nov 6, 2003
ah, ok.. I am not sure about times yet but I was thinking i might have to do that.. thanks

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
If you need stay overnight in P.C. I might be able to help you with sleeping quarters and assist you with bus travel arrangements of your choice to Santo Domingo. Just click on the PM or Email buttons in the bottom of the post if you want more info. Regards, PJT

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Papito_Chulo said:
AVIASTAR, YOU KNOW EVERYTHING

So do I! Make up your mind who you would like to post as. One of them I will delete. Aviastar or Papito_Chulo?

Luke79

Nov 6, 2003
thanks for all the help.. this most be the most helpful and friendly forum on the internet! I am actually trying to arrange this trip for my girlfriend to go home for christmas and I am sure she will be impressed with the sage advice I have from here :) Makes me even more jealous I can't go now, but next year for sure!
If anyone ever need any UK type advice feel free to contact me.

- luke

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Dear Robert.

I was impressed today when I've seen this post, I didn't post it, somebody enters with that nick to post it, anyway, I don't think you will believe me, but it was not me. I am not that mad to talk to myself.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Aviastar,

we have had this conversation before.

just answer Rob's question and pick one