sosua bay hotel beach?

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
I am wondering if the beach at the Sosua Bay Hotel will be private. I dont care if its not but im wondering, are the locals pests for pushing souvenires? i know from the past 2 years, if i said no, theyd leave me alone, but then it was a private beach with only certain dr boys allowed on. also, does anyone know the best bars to go to?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Actually, there is a very tiny sliver of beach between the hotel and the Sosua beach (public) but it isn't big enough to serve as a private beach for the hotel. Also, the hotel has decks that extend out over the water that are far enough off shore to permit someone to dive in and have a good swim, if so inclined. There are lounge chairs on these decks.

Even though Sosua beach is public, I don't think you will have trouble. Saying "no" should be enough. Most of the vendors operate out of a row of casitas set back from the beach under the trees.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The wendors that walk along Sosua beach, are no problem, they are not agressive at all, and take no for an answer. In fact the wendors at the "private" Casa Marina beach is much worse, i stayed there a copuple of days for about 3 years ago, and they was realy a pain in the ass.