what to see around Bayahibe ?

Annick

Nov 10, 2003
We are going to stay for a week at bayahibe.
What do you suggest us to see around ?

Thank you:classic:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
There is a small towmn called bayahibe but there is nothing there. You could take a trip to isla soana but if you have a bad back then stay off the speed boats they use to transport you there sometimes. Its a long bumpy trip and you will come back hurting. Altos de chavon will be very good to pass a day.

Elenavieques

Nov 14, 2003
www.elenas-vieques.com
Altos de Chavon

I see Altos de Cauvon posted several times but with no explanation of what it is...What is it?

Is there any place, at all, to stay in Bayahibe itself? ( not a resort type hotel)

Also does anyone know of another way to get to Saona? by dirt road to somewhere else to find a fisherman to take you there?

Thanks

Last edited:

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Artists Village

Friend of mine from Canada visited there and its apparantly an Artists Village, cobbled streets, tourista of course, but worth a visit........most of hotels nearby are all inclusive in La Romana,...Cheers.

amalina

Aug 8, 2003
The village of Bayahibe is small and quaint. There are some good restaurants and some fun places to have drinks and dance. There are a bunch of very small hotels in the village as well. We met some people from Italy staying in Bayahibe and the rates were very inexpensive. I do not think that any of the hotels in Bayahibe were on the beach.

Annick

Nov 10, 2003
best way to visit isla soana ?

AZB said:
You could take a trip to isla soana but if you have a bad back then stay off the speed boats they use to transport you there sometimes. Its a long bumpy trip and you will come back hurting. Altos de chavon will be very good to pass a day.

What kind of transportation do you suggest and what is a reasonnable price ?

Thank you