A Different View

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
:cool: :confused: :alien: :rolleyes:

I'm not sure that the Dominicans who read/post messages/comments with DR1 Forums really understand English/American subtlty or if, in the translation from English to Spanish in their minds loses the nuances intended.
It appears to me that many take offense at some of our comments issued in English prima facia and come back like Rambo.
Admittedly, some of the posts appear to be directed toward creating dissention while not being intentionally so, thereby being misinterpreted.
I'm not knowledgable enough of the Spanish language to know if it embraces subtlity or not, but it appears that there is no way to translate such from English to Spanish and give the meaning correctly. Is that clear or muddled???
It would behoove all English/American writers to carefully analyze posts before sending them, thusly making certain unintentional offence is not created.

Texas Bill

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Something else lost in translation: cultural methods of communicating.

Americans tend to communicate in a point A to point B style.

Spanish speakers are more round-about.

Not only that, but from what I have learned about Spanish communication, there is a time and a place for everything. Americans tend to assume that if they want to say something, the time is always right.