Price of Ocean Front Land

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
I am looking to buy some ocean front land for developement and am wondering what the going rates are per sq. meter, which I understand is basic pricing unit. I realize it varies from region to region but is there a " ballpark" range in $US that I can use as a benchmark for the different areas.

Any assistance is appreciated in advance.

K Francis

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't think there is a ball park figure for the entire country. I checked with a realtor for North Coast and he told me the range for the greater Sosua-Cabarete area is US$40-200/sq meter. I would not use that for entire country.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Thats not a bad idea. I was thinking of buying some farm land near major towns (ie. Santo Domingo or Santiago), towns that are growing and along a coastline that is not yet developed, but will be perfect for tourism once the most idyllic and assessible areas of the country have been developed. The key to the first one is to know where are these towns actually spreading. You don't want to buy a "finca" on the south of Santiago if the developers are moving northwest, however, the south of Santiago is probably a good bet since people don't want to live near the fault line running north of the city anyways. For coastline, try the area around Miches or Sabana de la Mar and maybe even the Monte Cristi area. Those areas have some super unspoilted beaches and natural beauty that will catch the eyes of hotel developers sooner or later. When ever they do catch the eyes of the developers, it's always better if you own the piece of land. When developers want something, they will do just about anything to get it. Thats when you jack up the prices and bam, you made a very sweet deal.

Juan_Lopez

Oct 21, 2003
The current price for land outside santiago in GOOD proyectos is now 400-600 pesos per metro up 200% from last year :) this is for lots of about 1 tarea.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Let's put it this way, the prices will vary and you are not going to get a firm answer from any source. The seller will want the highest price he can get and you don't know the market because you almost always cannot get information on real estate transactions, unless you know someone. If you do get a transaction price it will be quoted under the actual amount paid. The game here is to pay an agreed price to the seller and then record the sale with the government at a lower price to avoid a high tax assessment.

The area of Punta Cana/Bavaro, .5 km from the beach where yours truly is located, a square meter will sell for about US$ 100-115. Yet, across the road another .25 km distant from the beach the price range is US$ 80-100. You figure out what beach front will cost. Regards, PJT

mtt

Nov 7, 2003
Am an experienced realtor. Your price range is directly proportional to what size of lot you want to buy. And what location you're going to buy it at. Punta Cana is not the same as Montecristi. I can offer expert advise, but I charge.

mtt

Nov 7, 2003
Am an experienced realtor. Your price range is directly proportional to what size of lot you want to buy. And what location you're going to buy it at. Punta Cana is not the same as Montecristi. I can offer expert advice, but I charge.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Undeveloped beachfront land

If you're looking for undeveloped beachfront land I suggest you look around the Nagua/Samana area. This area (specially Samana) is prime to be developed. I personally feel this area could take off like no other area in the DR with just a little help from the government. I have no idea what the prices are like, but I would think they're way cheaper than Puerto Plata or Punta Cana. Another good bet may be the southwest (Azua and Barahona). With the current devaluation of the dominican peso, opportunities abound if you have US dollars. Real state prices have not caught up yet. This is the time to buy...I'm in the process of buying a lot as we speak.

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
I wish to thank all of you who so kindly responded to my inquiry on the price of ocean front property. My family has offered me some at $25US per sq meter in 1 hectare units for development and I have been giving it some serious thought. My only concern is with the money situation at present and getting the most for my construction dollar.

kfrancis

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
just a Question

ok. Every body are interested about buying a piece of land ocean view some of you guys get a good deal others not.

Here is my question how easy or hard does it take to get the construction permit from misnestery of tourism because I heard that in Bavaro people need it also a permit from politur?

Homer Simpson

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
ocean front

Ok, so you buy 20 tareas of land near the beach, say at 80 $ per sq.m2.
In my view it is not worth it considering the lousy infrastructure which normally comes with it. And it
is not very much land either taking local standards into account but it amounts to a million $. Put that money in AAA-bonds at 4 % and get about 130,000.- RD monthly in interest. Hassle free, little risk, no competition from the money-laundering mafia, how does that compare?
I have never understood why someone should want to live near noisy beaches with salt spray eating away the investment. We live about a 10-minute drive from the coast and can make a choice of the beach everytime we drive down from our hills where the breeze is fresh and the air is clean.
Up to now we have not thought about putting up the "se vende"- sign as they
do "down there".