Barahona

Carla

Jan 24, 2003
Has anybody been to the Barcelo Bahoruca Beach Resort? Would two teenagers get bored there or do they have a disco and offer some water sport?
Thanks fpor any info...

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I was actually planning to go there until someone here suggested no too. I also have read some negative reviews about the place. I'm now headed to P.C.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I would get bored there. It's a bit out of the way and not the best resort. You may be better off in Playa Dorada, Bayhibe or Punta Cana (Bavaro), especially with teenagers.

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
I have a house in the area and have to agree that this resort is off the beaten path. It is well built, with a couple of pools, etc. but no disco as I remember. It's entrance road also leaves you wondering just where you are going and if you would feel good leaving the area after dark, ie dirt through a rough looking section off the main road.

The Southwest, and Barahona are not party travel sites. It is eco-tourism to the nth degree with five distinct floral zones all within 100 km. If you really want to visit the area, stay at the little Ponte Vedra Aparta Hotel also on the Carretera Parasio and on the water( 809-341-8462).

Then get a good local guide, I would suggest Victor Santana in Barahona ( cell: 809-428-7193). He looks after all my friends and business associates when they are in the area and I'm not. He is very trustworthy and does know the local disco scene and where your teenagers can go and have a good time and not be bothered. Feel free to use my name if you do contact Victor and mention that I said to give you the " family's" rate.

K Francis from Cabral

Carla

Jan 24, 2003
thanks a lot for the useful advise-I mainly asked about the south as it seems to be impossible to find any accomodation in any resort I would have liked to go to over christmas.I would have loved to get to know Bayahibe, as it is supposed to be so nice and not too long a drive from S.D.-but all the hotels seem to be superllena.Or am I doing somethin wrong? Is there a magical codeword that makes them find rooms when officially there are no more?
I would also like to get to know Bavaro or Punta Cana, I have to admit that Playa Dorada gave me really too much of a ghetto feeling just walking through it once in the afternoon.
And as I have been to Samana twice,and no free rooms there either-I would really very much appreciate if anyone knew how to find a nice AI-resort over the holidays...no cooking for me, this time-all leisure and luxury (hohoho..)
carla