NY Times artice on MLB steriod testing procedures

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/14/sports/baseball/14BASE.html

The above is an artice in todays NY Times regarding the procedures for steriod testing in baseball. I wonder what Dominican players, if any, may fail these random tests? I am convinced that Sammy, for one, is or has been juiced. Notice from the article that the players were notified prior to last season that they would be subjected to these tests. Coincidentally, Sammys production dropped off this past year. He also was found to have cork in his bat . Could it be that he decided to go off the roids and his corked bat was an attempt to gain an advantage after he no longer had the advantage of steriod use?Makes me wonder.

Larry

Last edited:

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
sadder still...

...is the plight of many desparate adolescents who resort to juicing themselves with livestock growth hormones - often with disasterous results.

bLackCobra

Spammer
Oct 26, 2003
www.stillmatic.com
sammy aint taking steroids

the press si hablan mierda... just because dominicans are the best in baseball estos gringos joden ...

since every sport the gringos play african americans y dominicanos le ganan

now they making up new sports jajaja....

y sammy no coje porqueria de steroids

la batata mangu con yuca is what keeping sammy hitting those long rockets out of the park

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
Yeah but

I'm going to have to think about this one a little more,but for the most part I don't view aggressive steroid testing in sports as any sort of racist plot to weed out dominicans from the ML or blacks from other sports.

Yeah........I've been checking the news and most of the steroid hype(real or imagined)seems to be focused on minority sports figures,but one musn't forget that blacks tend to dominate the power sports or at least are over-represented in them and hispanics/hispanic blacks are in baseball in big numbers,so...

Hey..not that I have a problem with the above or anything.I say.....If you got an arm,swing it!

I'm no expert of the subject,but I do know that there are baseball training camps in the DR and some of the kids that are destined for the ML are juiced up,as to make them more appealing to recruiters.Let's face it........how many dominicans can afford steaks everyday or other high protein food items,that's a must for body-building?

carl e.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Larry

I hope steroid testing goes thru successfully, and instead of random testing, it should be applied to all players. I am not the least afraid that Sammy will pass.

Your statement about Sammy and his lack of production has no analysis and does not hold water.

If you look at last year stats and review Sammys performance, you will note that his production of home runs increased after the cork bat incident and that he continued to hit the ball even harder, as his longets home runs took place with bats after the incident. I suggest you check his home run by home run stat that shows the lenght of each home run and the pitcher and teams he hit them against. You will see that his longest blasts were with x-rayed tested bats(all wood) Sammy had the biggest ratio of home run distance per home run of any player. He averaged well over 400 ft., and hit the longest of the season.

If Sammy had a problem with home run production, then the rest of the MLB players had near disasters. If you note, with a full month missed and about 150 times at bat less than normal, Sammy threatened to overrun the home run leaders with 40 bangers. Only the very elite was able to reach 40 last year, except all the rest had full seasons, except Barry Bonds, the laziest and most chicken shit slugger in MLB.(this guy even plans what games he should play and what pitchers are better to avoid)

But lo and behold, next season is coming and we will be waiting for your next excuse when Sammy starts sending balls out of every major league ball park at his record breaking pace.(No one has hit more home runs in a 10 year period in history)

TW

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Mandatory testing for all MLB players next year!

Done Deal! Heard it discussed on TV yesterday!

As far as "BLACK"cobras' comments.Its ALL about RACE to him.So pay no mind!
"Mark McGuire",who was "White" last time I saw him,would have been the first to go!Probably more White players using steroids than Blacks and Latinos anyway!

Sammy will probably lose 50 pounds next year anyway!
If Soriano is on steroids,he better check his supplier.He is getting ripped off!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
Lol

I dunno.............I actually think that sosa and mcquire were/are juicers.As well as alot of other guys in the major leagues.Something just tells me that there's going to be alot of guys in the ML shedding some pounds,just wait and see!

carl