Satellite sports in Puerto Plata?? (hockey!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianZ

Oct 25, 2003
Anyone know if there are any sports bars or anywhere we could go and watch a hockey game in POP?? Going to be there for two weeks in January and I don't know if I can be away from hockey for that long!! ;)

CanadianZ

PS Go 'Nucks!!

Goldmember

Nov 15, 2003
Eddys Sports Bar in Sosua is great. nine dishes and 12 TV's. Lots of Hockey. I am from Winnipeg and maybe he can even find me a Jets game!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And you can put your money

Where your mouth is, since you can bet on all the hockey games and most "|Sports Bars! but not at Eddy's However, just around the corner, you can place the bet and then go and enjoy the game at Eddy's. Be warned that we are now one hour ahead of New York, so you will be up late.....

HB

Goldmember

Nov 15, 2003
No I meant the Jets!! The Moose suck! I used to go to many Jets games and havent been to a Moose game yet!

CanadianZ

Oct 25, 2003
Re: And you can put your money

Hillbilly said:
Be warned that we are now one hour ahead of New York, so you will be up late.....

HB

NO problem!! As long as there is hockey on TV how can anyone get tired??

CanadianZ;)

CanadianZ

Oct 25, 2003
SO I know where I can watch hockey in Sosua, but what about anywhere near the Playa Dorada complex?? ANy suggestions??

THanks, CanadianZ

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Check the bars in the Plaza. I think one of them have a satellite. Don't know if they do hockey though.

CanadianZ

Oct 25, 2003
Thanks, if they do hockey we will find it!! Looking forward to the trip. Gonna be there in a little over 48 hours!!

CanadianZ

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
The bar in the plaza can show most sports, we have been in there watching basketball, baseball and soccer before.

The bars name is Hemmingways!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Most likely

It will be onthe Telly in your room. They have pretty fair cable there in Playa Dorada, and if you ask they can even reprogram the dishes...

But you'll have more fun going over to Eddy's Sports Bar and yelling with the others..

HB

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
exactly where is Eddys bar? Can u give me directions as if i was coming down the main road from the airport
Ta!

D'GIO

Jan 2, 2004
last canadien team to win stanley cup ???

canadienz, stick to the beaches and leave the hockey to the americans !!!! go wings

CanadianZ

Oct 25, 2003
Re: last canadien team to win stanley cup ???

D'GIO said:
canadienz, stick to the beaches and leave the hockey to the americans !!!! go wings

First off it's CanadianZ not CanadienZ, that would imply I am from French Canada which I am not.

Second off, the American hockey teams only win because they are loaded with Canadian players. I assume you are a Wings fan so here goes; a list of Red Wings that are Canadian

Steve Yzerman, Kris Draper, Brendan Shanahan, Ray Whitney, Brett Hull, Kirk Maltby, Darren McCarty, Mathieu Dandenault, Jason Wooly not to mention Legace and CUJO.

Well, looks like you guys only complete because of us Canadians on the team, eh?? ;)

Hope you didn't take this too seriously I was just joking around. But if you did why not find your way down to Eddy's or Hemmingways and we can place a friendly wager on a couple of Canadian vs American games!! :cool:

Thanks for the advice everyone. Hope to have an awesome time down there!!

CanadianZ

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
There is also Chris & Mady's Restaurant & Bar in Cofresi. Not all that far from where your staying.

A lot of people from Winnipeg stay or come to visit Chris and Mady . Also the Dolphins park is open just down the street.

Hope you enjoy your trip .

Judy

D'GIO

Jan 2, 2004
molson export vs. labatt's 50/50 ale

canadianz ..............a friendly wager seems in order, but only if it is for a canadian ale...... none of that south of the border swill....
......have a great trip.........d'gio

candu2

Jan 7, 2004
Try Cafe Cito. It is just a couple of hundred metres west of the Playa Dorada gate. Tim hall the owner is an ex pat Canadian and they have satellite tv. Also if you contact him at tim.hall@popreport.com they are always looking for people to bring them a good bottle of rye.

Status
Not open for further replies.