DSL in Caberete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I heard over the weekend it's hit and miss. Can anybody throw some light on the current internet acccess situation in Caberete.

Who offers what?
Is it any good?
What's the price?

Thanks!

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
our business relies in internet and amazingly enough, it works incredibily well. We hardly hve any down time. The only thing we have to do is turn the modem off and on again whenever we switch from street to generator power, and vice versa. The only provider as far as I know is codetel.. we hve flash connection for $1450RD per month.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Router problems

Hi Marina,
I had the same problem with my router disconnecting from the internet every time the power went off and came back on, despite having a UPS. Anyhow, after complaining to Codetel and them sending a technician by the name of Andres, he reprogrammed somethings and gave me another power supply for the router and now all is well.
It may be worth being put on ignore on the telephone with Codetel for an hour or two as you battle with them to send you a technician, if you can get your problem resolved.
Marco.

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Cabarete

There is a good internet center owned by a pair of chilean guys.
Good service.
Tricom can install your connection via a small antenna.
I had high speed with codetel last year but was a pain in the ass, the technician was always late and depending on the guy who make the cable connections, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.