OIL anyone? DR IS ABOUT TO STOP BUYING

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Hey guys for all of you that speak Spanish follow the following link
http://www.listin.com.do/cuerpos/dinero/din1.htm

The DR is about to start the production of PETROLEUM and derivates. This is a real good news................................................
No wonder why Hippo want to stay in power.................................
let see how can we get our pockets lined up to get dividens out of this.

if anyone has a better insight about this deal let us all know.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I remember I was 11-12 years old when I saw a special on TV where Freddy Beras Goico did a story on that and in the show they lighted up a can of Dominican oil. I am 30 now so, I dunno what the chances are for this to materialize, I think of the prospects where economically attractive, someone would have started pumping it along time ago.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
it can happen but don't the DR to obtain all the rewards, if any at all. The good ol USA is pushing for this.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
cmedino07

I think (correct me if I am wrong) the DR Constitution and/or an existing law prohibits the export of any petroleum produced in the DR, so how would the production of same benefit the USA?
I think, also, that there is an additional legal stipulation that any such production be to the exclusive use of and within the DR.
In addition, I believe such oil is of the high sulphur content currently not crackable/marketable in the USA under existing US law.

Texas Bill

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
you win the award for using the most oxymorons in one statement...

DR Constitution? DR Law(s)? Legal Stipulation?

come one Texas Bill, from what I have read...you live in the DR and you should know how things work.

who do you think is paying for this project to go fwd?

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
The US is pushing for it, there's must be a reason why?

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY,

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Texas Bill is right in a way

Even if they find considerable amounts of Oil in the DR, the quality of the oil will determine if its commercially exploitable or not. As far as I know, the few drops we've managed to squeeze have high contents of sulfur, vanadium and other elements that make it unatractive because they elevate the corrosion levels of the oil and increase the maintenance costs of power plants that use them. Think of it as drinking McAlbert as opposed to Chivas. Which will probably give you the worst headache the next day?

Still, if the fuel is bad in quality, but can be refined to get a descent fuel oil and diesel out of it, the country would benefit by reducing its imports, even though the Generating companies buy little of the local stuff and prefer to import from elsewhere. We'll probably get a low quality fuel orperhaps Orimulsion, a high metal and water content fuel. Venezuela has pushed for Orimulsion to take off because they have loads of this bad stuff and is cheap as hell. Some powerplant engine companies have made advances in it but in my opinion its a dead end as the tendency in the industry is to become greener and change to LoNox engines that burn cleaner Fuel Oils and/or NatGas.

No matter how bad it is, atleast we'll get enought black stuff to pave the roads. The problem is, I dont think we've got enough of it to exploit.

Every government that gets desperate pulls out the Dominican OIl wild card and people just start wondering off.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
The oil is "online" to start pumping.........

.....on the same timeline as the Manzanillo "Mega Meurto" project.

As far as fuel in the country...it would be real hard to get much worse than the " quality fuels" that are already being imported. PLENTY of sulphur here.....lowest grades at the highest prices. This is the chief reason that engines have to have unusually high amounts of maintenance here (for those relatively few folks that actually maintain their equipment instead of just running the "piss" out of the machines till they have to have MAJOR overhauls.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Crude oil is at about $33 US a barrel right now. The oil search in the D.R. is exploratory. The big question mark is: is there enough potential oil reserves to warrant continued drilling, what is the quality and what is the cost of extraction? You figure, past exploration of oil in the country resulted in nada. There either was not enough oil or if enough, the cost of extraction exceeded the cost per barrel. This would suggest the cost of barrel will have to go way above $33 before extraction of any oil is viable in the D.R. Regards, PJT

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
I imagine that the sands containing the limited supply of petroleum in the South are a "finger" broken from the SA Plate. As such it will prove to be minor in the scheme of things "oily" in the DR. Take a good look at the National Geographic rendition of the ocean floor for SA, Cuba, Windwards and Leewards and figure it out for yourselves. Long term production just isn't possible.

Texas Bill

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
How much has oil helped the Mexican peasants?

In fact, many of them, including especially the Chiapas rebels, claim that even NAFTA hurt them.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
andy a said:
How much has oil helped the Mexican peasants?

In fact, many of them, including especially the Chiapas rebels, claim that even NAFTA hurt them.

So true. They much better off sucking on cacti and dying by the time they were 30!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Stop dreaming guys

I understand this whole thing is a photo session planned by Eligio Jaquez, the PPH pipedreamer, who is trying to come up with fake good news everyday trying to stave off a Hippo resignation from his r-election camapign or better yet, full resignation from office.

There is NO OIL in DR. What we have in Azua is a lot of rock throwers. Believe me.

TW

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Yes, Golo, I agree with you entirely on this matter. Look who published the "fluff" story, "Listin". Feed some false hopes to the people to divert their attention from the real issues. It is a page from Goebble's Principles of Propaganda, "propaganda to the home front must diminish the impact of frustration." Regards, PJT

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
PJT

funny how Listin Diario does not print anything today about the trial of Puerto Rico Representative Oscar Ramos who has a day in federal court today in PR where they brought in from the U.S. directly from prison Dominican Mafiosi and PPH activist Jose Ventura Asilis, who gave a US$60,000 dollar bribe to Ramos for a government contract. Asislis has a two year vacation in a U.S. prison for fraud.

If you recall, Asilis is the creator of another pipedream like the Manzanillo Mega Port and the oil wells. He came up with the "Transvia" or train dream supported by Hipolito and Asislis friend and protege Rafael Calderon, Hippo Finance Minister. Calderon is the same guy who predicted the dollar would be down to $20 to $1 this month!!!! When the train project got derailed by the Asilis trial, Calderon found an Indian company that was indicted for fraud in India.hehehehe.

TW

TW

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The frustration of all of this B.S., is the government, no matter who is in power, will continue the culture of investing in projects that would work if administered without corruption. The sidebar to this is to "Not" to contract with and empower people whose knowledge or business does not correspond in nature with the projects. Asilis is an example of such a person, he could not tell the difference between a Gandy dancer and a Merengue dancer.

I would like to get back on track with this thread and would like to know what the definition of Murfing is. Anybody have a hint? Regards, PJT