Nov 14, 2003
Hello People!

I am having a Multiple entry Canadian Visa,

I will apreciate from some one to let me know
how to go back home with out stop in state

I dont want to waste time applying american visa
for sure will be refused.

Conection flight are some expensive!

so, at the Airport las americas one guy told me that for me boar a charter flight I need to be a Canadien citizen so every body else then need transit visa?

any help will be apreciated.

thanks Homero Simpson

de polanco

Nov 21, 2003
Hello Homero,

The only way the back and forth Canada when you're not Canadian citizen is to take a commercial fligth... I know that is expensive. When my husband arrived here (he is Dominican), I have shopped a lot for fligth and Continental Airlines was the cheappest,transiting by New York, if you booked by internet. American airlines are too expensive.

The american visa for transit cost about 1000 pesos and it is a simple proceedure if you're not persona non grata in US.

I sugger you to call at the Continental counter at the airport, they will give you all details.

Wish you a great stay here in Canada!

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Hola De Polanco

How long it is take to get the transit visa ?

Do thats mean every time I am coming to Canada
I need to apply for a transit visa?

Thank you,

Very much I appreciated you information

Homer Simpson

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The transit visa program mentioned in the past above no longer exists. Check with your airline about this. To make a stop in the US you need a US visa or to be a citizen from a country the US at present does not require the visa.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
You can fly direct from Puerto Plata to Montreal via AirTransat on one of their charter flights that has an empty seat. The price is lower than standard airfare. More direct Canadian flights use the Puerto Plata and Punta Cana airports.

de polanco

Nov 21, 2003
Hola Homero,

I dont know if they changed the rules in 5 months (todo puede cambiar en RD..!), but it was like I said above at this time. Better to check with an airline.

M?lanie

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
I understand

This is the thing,

To fly in charter flight, in Las Americas a guy from Immigration was expecting me a permit form aviation whatever aeronatica something, I you know guys how long it is take to get some thing from and gov. office over there.

any ways im able to try the transit visa but im thinking if I want to come 10 time to canada 10 times do I need to apply for a transit visa to US?

Thanks buddy,

Homer

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Homer

Dolores said above that you can NOT get a transit visa.

You can ONLY travel by commercial airline such as Air Canada or American Airlines if they make a direct flight to Canada.

Do you have your multiple entry visa into Canada in your hand? Have you been to Canada yet?

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
I inquired about this back in the summer time at the airport in Puerto Plata. I spoke with the Swiss Port manager and he said that they do not require this paper from Aeronautical Civil only a valid passort and visa.

The Canadian charters like Sky Service said that as long as one has the proper documentation (passport and visa) then they will be allowed to fly on a charter flight. The problem they said sometimes arrises at the check in counter - the representive will ask for a document from the Aeronautical Civil that gives permission for a Dominican to fly on a charter. Apparently the government gets more $$ in taxes from scheduled flights than chartered flights.

good luck!

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Yes I have the Multiple

To Anna:

Yes I have the multiple visa to Canada and my documents are in perfects condition Valid passpor for six year.

Im afraid about coming back and then get stock in Puerto Plata.

about American air Companies doesnt have a direct flight all of them are having conection in Miami, Philadelphy,Newark, NY, Detroit, Puerto Rico.

I there not problem from Puerto Plata that I will do.

if some one hear about any traveling news from the Dominican Rep. to canada. I will apprecited to let me know.

or about transit US visa

Do I need to apply for transit visa every time I want to go Dominican Rep ?

are really appreciated your answers

Simpsom Homer