Dominican hair care products

kiesha26

Nov 21, 2003
Hello.

I live in NJ, I was wondering if anyone could tell me a website where I can purchase olive oil rinse. :ermm: I believe it's by Nazbit or something like that. If you don't know of this product do you have any others you'd recommend for relaxed hair?

Thanks

cwoodward3356

Oct 1, 2003
What kind of products are you looking for (shampo, conditioner, etc.)?

What's your hair type (straight, frizzy, curly)?

If you give me the answers to the above questions, I can recommend you some good products for your hair, that you can get in a Saloon or at the mall there.

cwoodward3356

kiesha26

Nov 21, 2003
My hair type is fairly kinky/curly w/ a tendency to be dry, that's why I was wondering about the olive oil or something by Canella.

Nicole27

Sep 8, 2005
dominican hair are products

kiesha26 said:
Hello.

I live in NJ, I was wondering if anyone could tell me a website where I can purchase olive oil rinse. :ermm: I believe it's by Nazbit or something like that. If you don't know of this product do you have any others you'd recommend for relaxed hair?

Thanks

Hello Kiesha I was wondering if you found any information on dominican hair care products

Lynn

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Spam alert!!!

Hmmm... a thread where 3 people are discussing commercial products, one is linking to commercial web pages and all of them have less that 10 total posts.

What are the chances all 3 have the same IP?

yanetfashions

Jul 21, 2006
Re: Dominican Hair Products

Hello:
Go To BeautyNY.com or Pelobonito.com
&
if you are ever in the Bronx go to: Fordham Road
El Mundo in Fordham Road / 2nd El Mundo in Jerome Ave
Forever 11 also in Fordham Road.

They have everything & very reasonable prices. You will go crazy.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Check your PM

kiesha26 said:
Hello.

Thanks

I have sent you a private message.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Spamming

alex--you need to learn the art of Spamming. If you want to promote your site please pay for an ad or I will ask the moderator to delete your postings. We try to keep this board SPAM FREE.
Thanks for your coooperation.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Some of the highest prices available

Alex22 said:
My wife purchases all her dominican products from . She finds all their products reasonably priced compared to other websites.

I found these prices to be the highest of all available outlets.

Last edited by a moderator:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
PM me for lower prices

Alex22 said:
My wife purchases all her dominican products from . She finds all their products reasonably priced compared to other websites.

Hector send me a PM for a cost saving of 33%.

Last edited by a moderator:

dainty39gm

May 22, 2006
Dominican Hair Products

Hi,

I'm starting to really get into dominican hair products and I think they are wonderful for my relaxed and colored hair. However, there are products called Kan Kanechomn that I'd like to try. Has anyone ever used these? How do u use 'em and how often? Thanx In Advance.

dainty39gm

May 22, 2006
Kan Kanechomn Hair Masks

Nobody has answered my question:ermm:. I'm really need to know some info about these products. If anyone can help me, please respond. Thanx.

Hairunique

Mar 6, 2007
Keisha26,
You can buy the products you have mentioned @ Roundbrush.com or Sickbaybiz. To me Sickbaybiz is cheaper on some of there oroducts than roundbrush

Treasure2k6

Jun 12, 2007
www.public.fotki.com
Hair Products

i found these 2 sites with great inexpensive dominican hair care products Peolobonito and RoundBrushHair!

I am converting to Dominican products so i have been doing alot of research on whats good. Can anyone give me some input on a good dominican relaxer? I am leaning toward 2 that i keep hearing about Jael Level 1 and Nacidit. My hair is Dry and a a tight curl pattern. I don't like to relax it bone straight though.

dainty39gm

May 22, 2006
Dominican Hair Relaxers

I am also looking into the dominican-type relaxers. Are they any different than American relaxers? Do the relax the hair straighter? I'm going to do some research and hopefully I'll get a better understanding of them.

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Girls:

If you are not sure what relaxer to put on, my best advice is to consult a professional first, she can tell you what relaxer is best for you, depending on your hair. Every hair is different and if you buy a relaxer that is too strong, your hair can break or fall.

Dainty: I am not sure dominican relaxers are any different than Americans. We do have really good products and dominican laboratories are coming up with great products every year, as you know that most of the population has very curly / kinky hair..but I am more inclined to think that the reason why a lot of women who relax their want to follow the dominican trend is due more to the tecnique AND THE CARE!!! that dominican women take w. their hair. One of the things that I have noticed is that here in the states, African American women are told to wash their hair and blow dry it (BANG!) This is why a lot of african american women who relax their hair have their hair soo dry, because the blowdryer is killer, the heat that comes out of a blowdryer is much more damaging than doing the rollers and then doing the blowout. Getting the rollers done is KEY if you want to have a great, healthy mane.

About the technique: A lot of dominican hairstylist have been perfecting the technique of appling a good derrizado for yeaaars, but not all of them do, so please do your research girls. If you are not sure what type of derrizado you need,DON'T do it at home. A derrizado is almost like getting a haircolor, it needs MAINTENANCE.

For anyone who has really dry hair or your hair is falling, I recommend Emergencia Toque Magico and 10 en 1...They are soo good for your hair, these are really good quality deep treatment but they work better if you get a massage as you apply them and then go under the bunett dryer.

I'll go ask my hairstylist more questions about product and how they work, so I'll give you more feedback later.

HTH

dainty39gm

May 22, 2006
Funnyyale,

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your input. I've been saying to myself that I'm gonna stop using the blow dryer and curling iron, but I haven't yet. I really need to rollerset my hair more, but my rollersets never come out decent. And when that happens, I become very discouraged, and I go back to the heating appliances.

I'm not really sure what black hairdressers tell their clients: whether they should blow dry and hot curl hair, but what I do know is that MANY hairdressers in the black community ARE NOT into TAKING CARE of their clients hair because of the myths and rumors they've started or believe. Here's just a few:

1.) A blackwoman's hair CANNOT grow, so why take care of it.
2.) The ONLY way a blackwoman can have long, healthy hair is to wear a hair weave, plaits, or cornrows.
3.) Any blackwoman who has long hair of her own is trying to be white.
These are the most stupid and ignorant things I've ever heard in my life, but that's what I hear all the time. So I'm not all that keen on going to a black hairdresser. I'd much rather take care of my own hair myself.

The Crom Emergencia is my favorite conditioner. I love love love this stuff. I wish I could use it everyday. I've got the 10 en 1 also. Sometimes I mix 'em together. A few days ago, I applied the Emergencia to my DRY hair and sat under the dryer and I absolutely loved the results after finishing up my routine. I'm gonna do this for awhile and see how it goes.

Yes Yes Yes. Please ask your hairstylist more ?'s about these products and how they work. I'm itching to know b/c I've hopped on the dominican train and I don't want to get off. Peace.

dainty39gm

May 22, 2006
Lafier Cologen and Placenta

Does anyone know whether the Lafier Colagen and Placenta is a protein or moisturizing treatment. I have color-and chemically-treated hair. I plan on coloring my hair today and was wondering if I could use this conditioner as part of my routine. Thanx a bunch. Peace.