Best budget hotels in Boca Chica

beano

Oct 29, 2003
In Boca Chica one night. Most all of the hotels have mixed reviews. What is everyone's favorite. I'm going with my girlfriend, not looking for one. thanks

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Budget = $$ ?

beano said:
In Boca Chica one night. Most all of the hotels have mixed reviews. What is everyone's favorite. I'm going with my girlfriend, not looking for one. thanks

No idea what you mean ( 'cause you didn't say) what budget actually is, but here goes:

In order of most preference:

Costalunga -$40 with tax
Garant ( without A/C is budget, with is a little more) $35-50 with tax
Coral Villas - $40
Then a mixed bag al lthe same, El Candil, Calypso, Europa.

Avoid Hamilton, Madjera, Burjuba, Joker, etc., etc.

Boh

Jan 3, 2002
My wife and I stayed at the Don Juan beach resort in 2001. Good location (beach front) with great snorkelling, the food was good and the accommodations clean. We would stay there again. Enjoy!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Ain't Budget by a LONG shot.

Boh said:
My wife and I stayed at the Don Juan beach resort in 2001. Good location (beach front) with great snorkelling, the food was good and the accommodations clean. We would stay there again. Enjoy!

For even one night for two you're looking at more than $100 US since it is AI.

For 40% of that price, the above listed hotels are perfectly fine and you couldn't eat US$60+ of food in one night to justify the price.

So it is probably not what the question was asking.

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
budget hotels

i have stayed at coral villas 2 times in the last 5 years, not bad for $40. also stayed at the garant last jan,it was also not bad. it also serves agood breakfast. they are both worth $40

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
The Garant

bill p said:
i have stayed at coral villas 2 times in the last 5 years, not bad for $40. also stayed at the garant last jan,it was also not bad. it also serves agood breakfast. they are both worth $40

I think Ghislain has one of the cleanest nicest hotels in Boca Chica but I Think if you want A/C ( and you WANT A/C) it is another ten bucks for those big rooms.

I inspected Coral Villas in October - if you don't want a pool then it is a good buy. For the same $40 though the Costalunga has what both the aforementioned have and a pool for less than Garant.

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
boca chica hotels

my wife and i and three kids will be staying at costalunga in feb. 3br suite ihope its as good as people say $100 anite for 3 bdrs seems like a good price

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Costalunga

bill p said:
my wife and i and three kids will be staying at costalunga in feb. 3br suite ihope its as good as people say $100 anite for 3 bdrs seems like a good price

Is almost American it is so clean and well appointed. $100 for 3 Bedrooms is cheaper than 3 separate rooms by about $20 and undoubtedly more convenient for a family.

Keep in mind if the 3 BR is is like the 2 BR I get from them that one or possibly two rooms won't be air conditioned. The A/C is in the main room where the kitchen and TV is.

Suggest you ask unless you don't mind.

beano

Oct 29, 2003
I had thought about Hotel Europa, but I guess I may check out the Costalunga as well. I like the location of Europa, and a "sea-view" room is $65. I leave tomorrow morning at 7am from DCA. I'm ready.