Successful Relationships!!

krazy_4_you

Jun 7, 2003
Successful Dominican Relationships

I feel so much better reading these threads, because every time you read info on Dominican/Foreigner relationships its always negative.... I have been dating my boyfriend now for 7 months.. I feel really good about it.. I know many relationships with Dominicans, that are positive and happily married, like most of you all but then I know many negatives too.. I have been visiting the Dominican Republic for many years now.. havn't yet lived there, which I hope to do soon.. atleast for a couple months... so by now I know dominican's well...and who are Sanky's. My friends aswell, can't believe that my boyfriend is Dominican, because of how good he is.. There are always some times where I wonder if it will work because of the long-distance, but after reading all these reviews it has made me think so much easier that this will, because I truly love him already, he is an amazing man and I hope to have a great future with him, like all of your relationships aswell. I am right now counting the days until I am there.. it is coming up soon.,. I was there in Setpember, and I can't wait to get back!! ( 5 weeks to go).
I have already met all of his family, that was amazing, although it was kinda hard..because my spanish is not great, and their english isn't either.... but it was amazing .. I love them!! but my boyfriend helped a lot translating!!
Just wanted to add my piece in.. and I am so happy for all of you in your successful relationships aswell! I hope all of you great happiness for life!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
refreshing to hear

so nice to to such a positive posting amongst all the gloom and doom that seems to surround us.

I wish you the best of luck.

laura h

Oct 1, 2003
everytime i come into this site the news on relationships is bad, i know my relationship with a dominican is new 4 months but ive always belived it would work, the bad press has made me wonder once or twice (only for a second though) and im glad to hear that someones is going well too. (for a change!)

good luck to ya girl ! ;)

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
You should go on and be happy with the relationship. I am also in a relationship with a Dominican girl and get some flak from people, and I'm Dominican. We tend to be very cynical, particularly when we live in the US.
Follow your heart and keep your eyes open. If it makes you happy, then by all means go forward.

flordeluz

Jan 10, 2003
Well, I'm on to a year with my dominicano. You can't go by what you hear. Everyone in every culture, race, town, city ...is different ...let's face it love is a risky thing there are no guarantees..you have to learn how to study people but even so there are no guarantees.

Just enjoy being in Love and live. Live the present.

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
And I'm still very much in love with my man! I've been with Guillermo for 2 years and 3 months now. I got tons of flack from my family for about 1.5 years with regards to this long distance relationship. Not sure what made them come around, but my immediate family finally took a trip down with me this past summer and spent the week with us. And now, they adore him and they are forming their own relationships with him. Dad is really fond of Guillermo and speaks to him often. Dad is even contemplating spending a month in POP with Guillermo during the winter months. And Mom is including him in her Christmas shopping list this year. She has even told him to keep up the good work, because she has never seen me this happy.
God willing, he'll make me happy for the rest of my life. I know I'll try to keep him happy too!

Maryanne

Lissy

Nov 12, 2003
8 years........we had to get through that whole Puerto Rican /Domincan thing

Sharron

Dec 19, 2002
6 months in a long distance relationship and 9 months living here in the DR with him. So far i'ts all I imageined, but left a property and most of my cash in London (just in case).

Have fun and be happy.

jaymo517

Oct 4, 2003
Re: Successful Dominican Relationships

My friends aswell, can't believe that my boyfriend is Dominican, because of how good he is.. [/B]

I'm happy to see that you've found a diamond in the rough.

I believe there are good people who live in not the most ideal enviroments can be found. I travel to DR alot & most of my friends there, aren't the richest & most educated, but great friends. I never forget that they might have a hidden agenda & they only know of me what they see on TV, (especially if they only watch soap operas and rap videos where money, huge mansions, jewerly, and fancy cars are all over the screen, like we all live like that) so I don't expect much, and I don't tolerate any nonsense..... (None of that "Come meet a girl I know, she's really nice and beautiful crap). I've had my own experiences in DR & NYC, I don't need to get burned twice.
I think you should always keep your guard up, no matter how nice & friendly the family and friends are, have fun & enjoy the warm weather & laid back life style...... :beard:

Last edited:

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
I think you should always keep your guard up, no matter how nice & friendly the family and friends are.

Being from New York City, where does this not apply? For me, its the same everywhere. You should ALWAYS have your guard up, whether in Manhattan or Santo Domingo or Wichita.

Juan_Lopez

Oct 21, 2003
It's All Good!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday will be 3 years married to my lovely wife and almost 5 years together. I could not be happier. 17 month old baby(first for both of us) We live here in the DR.

Best of wishes to all for happiness HOWEVER you find it!!! Trust and follow your heart it will show you the way :)

J