thoughts to warm up icecold winter

melian

Nov 23, 2003
Warm greetings are needed here in the middle of a cold winter... So all who live there under the warming sun, write something cheerful...!!!! I visit DR only once a year... missing already :)

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The Temp. is 81 right now.....7:25 PM.

And the forcast is sunshine all week with a high of 85.
With no snow in sight.

So come back and see us soon!, We will keep the Beer on Ice.......

God I love this Country!

Gringo

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
Tuesday evening

I arrive. Will be having many a cold Presidente under hopefully sunny skies. I'll drink one for 'ya! :cool:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I spent 25 freezing cold winters in Boston,Ma.!

Each winter,I swore it would be my last! Since I had visited Curacao when I was 12 years old,I knew that I wanted to "retire" to a "Tropical Island"!

It was always,"Save just a LITTLE more money,wait till my son graduates highschool,wait for that next promotion at work!

Well those are ALL just excuses to "Stay Put!"

I have been here 8 years now,since I was 49! Don't wait!

Make the move you have always wanted to make.If not
here,somewhere else!

I am a "Survivor" as are most of the foreigners who have lived here for more than a year,and that helps!

The "Others" who come here with no job,little money,and think life will be beautiful,just because the sun shines every day,are GONE!

Come "live Your Dream",but keep your feet grounded in reality!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I have just made the turn in life where instead of spending 120 days a year in the DR I spend the majority of my time in the DR and spend a lot less than 120 days out of the country.

One thing about the awful amount of rain we have had in the last 2 weeks is that "at least you don't have to shovel it".

Come back soon.

DRdiving

Nov 2, 2003
Scott, congrats on making the "turn in your life" you're living the dream! What do you guys do for a living in the DR, Scott, Cris, Gringo? Are you working, retired, what? Curious to see how people are doing it.

Chris.

MONCHI8

Jul 9, 2003
Thanks Criss!!!!!!!!!

Each winter,I swore it would be my last!

Well those are ALL just excuses to "Stay Put!"

Make the move you have always wanted to make.If not
here,somewhere else!

I've lived in Boston since I was 11 and it took me a long time to come up with a plan to get out of here and be somewhere where I really want to be. What you posted is so true!!!!!!!!!!!!