Am I stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novio

Nov 24, 2003
I went to Santo Doming early last year and happened to meet a wonderful Dominicana! We had a week long affair that only grew us closer.
I have since been back about once a month. Well on my second trip she told me to meet her in POP as she was visiting her cousin that week. I went and ended up at a hotel in Sosua as that is where her cousin lived. As the months progressed I noticed her spending more time there.
Am I stupid!!!! On my last trip I found that she is not an average girl but a HOOKER!!!!! Well I do care for her and want her to stop. I know I sound like a little boy in love! Well to be honest, that is true! But I have other motives. She has a wonderful family, that she is no longer caring for. She is a talented person. I am 28 and she is 24. She says she cares about me a lot.
We have discussed what she is doing and tells me that is the only way to make ends meet.

Question!!! Can I contact Politur with her name and pic and ask them to help? Any other advice?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
In answer to your question, yes!

Post her photo here, I'm sure one or two people know her well.

Plenty more fish in the sea, move on...

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Novio said:
Question!!! Can I contact Politur with her name and pic and ask them to help?
:confused:

I'd say that line pretty much takes any wiggle room out of the potential answers to the 'Am I Stupid?' question. Do you really want an answer to that?!!!???!?!? Ho boy!

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Oh yea. Politur like any other police Dept. in the world will help you out with your personal love affairs. As Robert suggested, "move on".

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
Hey novio

Novio,
Yes you're stupid,but the good news is that you aren't the only guy on the planet who's done something really dumb over a woman.Trust me......women and money make men do some really idiotic things,so......

Someone asked about mail order dominican brides in another topic and all I have to say to guys who go to the DR seeking a ready-made wife,is to be carefull.The fact of the matter is that hookers have aspirations like anyone else and a sizable percentage of dominican women who're seeking foregn males for marriage are going to be ones involved in some degree of prostitution.I guess what fools some heads is that these women look normal and not as beat-down & haggard looking as american hookers.

Carl E.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Are you stupid

Are you stupid for being played like you have been? No, just naive.

If you think you are going to change her you are no longer being naive but plain old stupid.

And I am quite sure that she tells her friends and family what a fool you are too.

Larry

Novio

Nov 24, 2003
Re: Hey novio

carl ericson70 said:
Novio,
Yes you're stupid,but the good news is that you aren't the only guy on the planet who's done something really dumb over a woman.Trust me......women and money make men do some really idiotic things,so......

Carl E.

Thanks form the intelligent reply!

I realize that I am probably being played, guess "I just woke up and smelled the coffee"

Funny thing I am successful college educated individual in my professional life, but must be a damn idiot on a 24 yo dominicana.

I must be folloing myself thinking I can "change" her.

My motive has more to do with getting her back on the right track so that she can take care of her children.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
My motive has more to do with getting her back on the right track so that she can take care of her children.--Novio

Please change your DR1 username from "Novio" to "Idiota"

Larry

Novio

Nov 24, 2003
Larry (ILoveDR) said:
My motive has more to do with getting her back on the right track so that she can take care of her children.--Novio

Larry

Larry thanks for the intelligent reply!

Lissy

Nov 12, 2003

Larry

Larry better name is Pariguayo

Reactions: mike l

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Quit fishing!

Novio said:

I must be folloing myself thinking I can "change" her.

My motive has more to do with getting her back on the right track so that she can take care of her children.

You can't.
She won't

Cut bait.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
as the story goes, been there done it bought the shirt. i undrstand where you're coming from. being "caught up" in the whole ideal of thinking you're in love, its more like youre in awe of the freedom for the week, or for however long you're there for. as for honey, man, thre was a guy the week before yu got there, one or more possibly after you left. accept it for what it is, you had sex while you were away, loved the idea of moving there, and being with her forever. aint going to happen, reality has sunk in, and you are not going to change her one bit. she is who she is, its the way of life for her as for most of the locals.
just chalk it up to having great memories for the holidays, and plan on making more the next time you're away. maybe you'll see her again, but if you do, remember its the "way of life"
btw? did u pay for everything? im laying odds in favor of yes you did.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
she is who she is, its the way of life for her as for most of the locals.

I love how people all of a sudden become Dominican experts, after having visited the country a handful of times.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
shes 24 and a hooker? im not saying shes a typical dr woman as ive met many who were very hard working and honest and faithful, but if this guy thinks shes going to change, not anytime soon. he asked if he was stupid, i dont think so, hes just naive. remember, shes a HOOKER!!!!!!

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
You said its the way of life for her as for MOST of the locals. That's a pretty wide brush you're painting MOST of the locals as.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Women can change . . .. .

If she really wants to be with you, things can progress. Personally you must be prepared for the following:

1) Not to be bitter if the relationship fails.

2) In spite of what every one is saying, treat her with the respect and care, that you believe drew her to you.

3) You have to move in together and also move her out of her current environment. If she is willing to do that, that is the first step. If it is moving to the US or another first world nation , again be carfull other motives might apply.

Remember the odds are against you, but if she is willing to move out of her current environment, the relation might progress, but you have to look deep in you heart and ask yourself, are you fooling your self? I have seen relations like these work, and I have seen relations like these fail. A simple test would be, if she smokes, would she quite smoking for you.

-Lee

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
While it is true that these girls get around, we don't know for sure what is the situation in this particular case.

Novio, we can't tell you what to do. You know this girl a short while, yet it sounds like you're in love with her. Analyze your feelings, is it really love or infatuation? give it time, don't rush into anything. What can I say corazon? You're in a tough spot and I wish you the best.

Jimmyrisas

Nov 23, 2003
Querido Novio

My advice to you is to find local friends who can show you around. Go all over the place.
Hopefully you will find other interesting women.

I am pretty sure there are other women who you will like.

Have faith in your potential....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have been counseling prostitutes for 40 years!

I would be happy to talk to your friend,on a "Professional" basis!Perhaps with the right "Therapy" she may change.Please "PM" me her address and Cel Phone # .If you have a picture that would also help.I normally don't counsel women who are out of their "teens",but I have been know to do "SUCK"cessful "Therapy"with women in their early 20's! Lets give her a chance!

Cris Colon,"Defender of the Innocents"

Status
Not open for further replies.