wastewater treatment

Sakke28

Nov 26, 2003
Hi all!

I have seen somewhere that there has been activated a project by Worldbank and your government joining to wastewater treatment in the northern coast of DR. Does somebody know the status of that project. I am interested because i am working in wastewater processing unit industry.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Sakke28,
If you talking about the one for the Puerto Plata area, the last I heard it had not gotten off the ground because local mayors would not go along with some of the conditions the Bank wanted to impose to ensure that the projects were environmentally sound and economically sustainable.

Regards,
Keith

Sakke28

Nov 26, 2003
Thanks Criss and Keith

Hello Criss and Keith

It is sad if projects like this will not be realized. I am working here in Finland in a company which has developed quite new method for wastewater cleaning. We have delivered our cleaning units all around the world. Our produckt serie suits for use beginning of litle villas and ending to big hotels and industrial plants. Units will clean wastewaters and the result is nearly drinkable water which suits well for gras watering, bath, cleaning, dishwashing etc. The purchasing and assembling costs are very low and these units are maintenance free. The filters must be changed yearly.Big hotels can make money using this system because their water costs will decrese remarkable.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Sakke28,
The EU has financed (some through EIB) a number of water sanitation and potable water provision projects in the DR, and they have a strong interest in helping foster "green" tourism destinations among the ACP nations, so you might want to check with the European Commission about possibilities they know of. As a Finnish company they should be interested in helping you.
Good luck!
Best Regards,
Keith

Sakke28

Nov 26, 2003
Thank You Keith for Your hint.

Hello Keith.

Thank You very much for Your advices. I try to clear up what kind of possibilities and projects they have. Have a nice weekend.

sincerly Yours: Sakke