Which airline accepts pets on board?

palmas

Jan 7, 2002
Hi everyone, hope you can help.

We have a Miniature Pinscher and would like to take her with us everytime we travel to the D.R..

I'll give more specific details:

We live in Windsor, Ontario.
We usually fly out of Toronto and into POP.
There are flights out of Windsor to POP ( with Skyservice )but only at certain times of the year and are far more expensive than out of Toronto.
Skyservice does not accept pets of any kind.
Air Canada accepts, but only in cargo area without temperature control and will not be responsible for any damage to the animal due to temperatures.
Air Transat is not giving me a straight answer. Yes they can for a $100.00. Where does the animal stay? Response - "It depends at time of loading."
We can fly out of Detroit Metro ( which is a 20 min drive as compared to a 4 hr drive to Toronto ) but AA does not have direct flights.

This is all new to me.

We have a house in Sosua and spend quite a bit of time there. We would love to share this with our pet who is considered part of our family.

If anyone could help me in this area, I would really appreciate it.

Gracias
Palmas (Anabela)

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
We purchased a dog carrier that looks like a carry-on with netting on the ends. We put the dog in it and carried her under the seat in front of us on AA. The dog was supposed to be 20 lbs or less. (She was almost 35 lbs.)

Good Luck.

mainer

palmas

Jan 7, 2002
re: AA and dogs

Thanks Mainer.

Our dog weighs less then 10 lbs. for now. She'll still add on a few more.

What city did you fly out of? How long did it take to arrive? How did your dog adapt to the flight?

Thanks for responding. I was beginning to wonder if we would have to leave her behind. I had no idea that dogs were still allowed on board with their owners.

Thank you,
Anabela (Palmas)