U.S. Military veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
In a previous thread a number was mentioned that seemed quit high about the number of American recieving military pensions in the D.R. Just out of curiosity how many of the members of this forum are either military retirees or veterans and of those how many live in the D.R. I have a few years to go before I am one of them.
John:

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
a vet is a vet

Bob same thing. We have suked up personal comforts for a long time to earn our pensions.
John

Jimmyrisas

Nov 23, 2003
Retiring in DR

Hello

I am also planning in retiring to Santiago.
Since I found this website, the DR1 forums have been very helpful.
People sharing experiences is a great thing.

I feel a lot more confident about moving there.

Juan

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
retireing

I think it is a shame to give 20 years of not knowingthe future and being some elses toolof trade not to retire and enjoy life. I know I can live well on my pension and the assets I have. I am just needing to take a few years after I retire to settle all my business int he states before I come down. I will be there soon.

Last edited:

ALB3

Sep 15, 2003
10 years Active Duty and now in the Air National Guard doing the part time thing. This part time gig is now a full time gig since March 03 and I am seeing more of SW Asia and Afghanistan than the DR these days. Looking forward to getting back to the real job and the part time home in the DR.

ALB3

Sep 15, 2003
Getting the shaft is putting it politely. Not going to complain but I have no confidence in those who make personnel decisions.

MONCHI8

Jul 9, 2003
ARMY all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case some of you were wondering you can use your GI bill to study at some universities in the DR. This way not only will you have your pension but a little extra on the side. Take care.

Ramon

Jimmyrisas

Nov 23, 2003
GI BILL In DR

La PUCMM, which is in Santiago, is recognized by the American Council on Education.
They offer a BS degree on Administration accepted in the States.
Check the VA websiteWWW.VA.GOV

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I asked at the US Counsel about getting my check here.I was told that about 6,500

US Military Veterans get their checks through the Counsel.That means that there ate even more here,who get their checks through a different manner.
Now,Since I am sure that this post is infuriating many non-veterans(you know we are only needed when they are threatened,right?)we should take this to "Email","PM",or "Chat Room".

Some "Computer Smart Veteran" might want to start a "Site" for 'Retired/aactive military living,or wanting to live,in the DR.I bet that would be a "Great Place to hang out!

Maybe there could be a "Link" to that site via DR1.I'll ask Robert.

Until then,

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.