Kudos to a lot of people

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Kudos to Rocky (Marco) for putting on a great bash!. Food was very good. Desserts were outstanding. Staff were very, very good to us all.

Kudos to all the DR1ers that attended. Led by Escott, seconded by the High Priestess of DR1 Dolores and her acolite PIB and protected by the hovering Jaime.....

Bo, Jeff, DD, Jetta, Ricardo and Joy, AlaninDR & wife, Mr. Roth, Diedre from Las Terrenas (is 4 hours on a bus all that much fun?), the Cabarete Babes!! Absolutely stunning poliglot creatures. Christa and Richard-so many thanks for the heads up on the highway back! Awesome hole there in Imbert!!
The computer guy from Sosua with the Russian anit-virus program. The great guy that asked me about getting Cohiba cigars for his brother...(Don't, unless you want to run the risk), and ANNA...it was so good to finally get to hug all of you!! Jan, you look great, and you know now how many folks are here for you!....Cleef, we got so caught up in the desserts that I forgot to tell you just how wonderful your accounts of daily life really are. I think you have a gift, my friend.
Who did I miss, who did I miss???..............................................................................................................Ah, Christa's daughter and curly toe headed grand daughter!!................................................................................................Of course! St. Louis Mike, who was feeling no pain and was finally "un-winding!"

And a special thanks to Mr. Mike and Michelle for giving me the chance to attend, after a very bad day......I am glad I got us back in one piece...

A wonderful bash, Escott, you are certainly the Host Master of the RD!!

HB

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Hillbilly said:
Kudos to Rocky (Marco) for putting on a great bash!.
Who did I miss, who did I miss???..............................................................................................................Ah, Christa's daughter and curly toe headed grand daughter!!................................................................................................
A wonderful bash, Escott, you are certainly the Host Master of the RD!!

HB

HB - it was a treat to finally meet you. I'd heard so much from my folks and the others, nice to be able to put a face to the name.
Hannelie (my daughter) commented that you are "nice man mama!". I agree.

Marco, thank you. We had a wonderful time ..... good eats and good drinks ;)

It was nice to meet a few more members and to see the ones I know again, hopefully in time I'll get to meet all of you.

Stay well,
Amy

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I was only there for a short hour & a bit so don't deserve a mention BUT, .... There was a Tony & Barbara from Missouri who are DR1 lurkers & "lurked" against the wall for a while last night whilst I was there!! Hope you guys got out into the middle a bit after I left & Barbara - do as Hillbilly suggests & jump in to the fun of DR1!! Only a few are pirrahnas (just WHERE does that 'h' go in the spelling??) & are quickly eaten up by the sharks - In Hillbillys case 'Great White Whale' - & protectors of the DR1 family!!

Best Regards to all - Grahame.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
My apologies...

...to anyone that missed out on dessert. With HB's help, I put a hurting on the pumpkin pie. The apple was good too.

I mean... what I meant to say was that they were terrible, you didn't miss anything;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
SEE?? I KNEW I missed some important people

I had the little one next to me insisting on "Cartoonnetwork.com"
probably his first words in English...

Yes I do remember Grahame, but not as much as the georgeous Ginny, all decked out in a suit from Chanel........we were only a stop on the way to another party, I remember....

And the Lurkers.....Yes, we need more imput....

I has a stop-by from Robert Pib and Mr Pib around noon time. They took pictures of the devastation done to the Luperon Tourist Highway. No longer much more than a goat track in some places and some really mean porholes to brighten up anyone's day!! Later today I took the road from the Gurabo road to Tamboril and that is also a mess....ooooh, we need a lot of Public Work crews out there spending our toll monies...Hint hint...

Understand that breakfast was pretty scrumptious too.....

HB

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
Hi! This is Girlie Girl's Little Sister! Hilbilly, Bush Baby (woman who must be obeyed), Escott, and Dr. Bob (thanks for everything!!!!) It was great seeing you all! Anyone else that I did not include, it is probably because I don't remember your name, just your faces! Thanks for a great Thanksgiving!!! Oh and yea, THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO TOWN ON THAT WATCH!!! THAT WAS GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN AND MUCH NEEDED RELIEF!!!!!

From DR1's Next Generation ;)

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
What a great time!

I can't remember when I have enjoyed myself so much. Just fantastic meeting so many of you. It was so much fun that we hijacked St Louis Mike and will be snagging Anna on Thursday.

Marco, you and your crew did a super job and Scott, what a teriffic host you are. You do have a way of making people feel like a long lost friends and very much at ease.

Thank you all so very much.

Dianne & Danny

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
Re: What a great time!

D & D said:
...we hijacked St Louis Mike and will be snagging Anna on Thursday.

Dianne & Danny

Ya'll can hijack me anytime. Anytime. It was so great just hanging out at your place and at the Tabaco Cafe and just generally getting to know you both. Two of the nicest people I've ever met.

Also want to add my voice to the chorus thanking Scott and Marco for a job well done. Your efforts are appreciated.

See ya soon,
SLM

Dec 9, 2002
What a great night

I just want to echo what everyone else has already said. I had such a good time meeting everyone. My husband did have a bit of trouble understanding why I would want to go all the way to Sosua to have dinner and drinks with a bunch of people I never met before though ;)