Transport from La Romana airport to Boca Chica?

Elena

Jan 2, 2003
Can anybody tell me how to get from La Romana airport to Boca Chica, since Caribe Tours have no route? Does Metro Tours have one? Please consider that I?ll be travelling with a lot of luggage ;) ........
Thank you for helping me out!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Taxi, Taxi, or Possibly a Taxi

Elena said:
Can anybody tell me how to get from La Romana airport to Boca Chica, since Caribe Tours have no route? Does Metro Tours have one? Please consider that I?ll be travelling with a lot of luggage ;) ........
Thank you for helping me out!

Take a taxi, the posted rate is US$75.00 for this trip, about 1 1/2 hours or so. To lessen the misery of this reply keep in mind the 8 Km./ 10 minute ride from SDQ to Boca Chica is US$18.00, no bargain either.

Speak Spanish? Haggle for less. I'd say $50 would do it.

The only buses are gua guas and you DON'T want to take those.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
A taxi is your best bet. Travel time is about an hour. There is a taxi company operated by Rafael Silva, his posted rate from La Romana to Boca Chica is US $65. The company website is: www.dominicantaxi.com. I have not used his services. Yet he is smart to use the internet to market his company. One of his marketing tools beside the internet is you can fax or email him for service.

Wake up. Has anybody on the board used his services and willing to comment? Regards, PJT

Last edited:

Elena

Jan 2, 2003
Thank you very much for your help!!!
Seems that a taxi will have to do it, although I speak spanish and I travelled in gua guas but not with luggage........just thought that perhaps by now Metro o Caribe Tours had finally routes to the east of the island!
Thank?s again and I would be grateful for anybodies hint if about Rafael Silva!!