Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Street Dogs In Dominican Republic

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed here in Zona Colonial that in the last few months there are alot of the street dogs missing. I'm sure they are being posioned and put out of their misery.
    Some of those dogs have such great eyes..takes everything in me..a dog lover..not to pet them. But I know better. I just look at their eyes and it makes me sad. Their eyes are asking to be pet, to be loved, and yet you can't do anything but maybe throw them a scrap or put them out of thier misery.
    My dog doesn't have eyes and I miss seeing her eyes. I will never let her eat any food laying in the street for fear of poision in it.
    It hurts to see these dogs, they arn't bad dogs. Just bad people let these dogs go without attention. So in my opinion these dogs need to be put out of their misery. Too bad you can't make the people that let their dogs have puppiies every time they come into heat pay a penalty for their negligence.
    My opinion..we humans are put here to be above the animals. Not to abuse them or to neglect them, but to use them for food or companionship. To respect . Its not the dogs fault they are sick and on the street. Its human neglegance that makes htese animals what they are.
    I think it would be great to have a shelter for the street animals but reality says that here there is more human need and the dogs come in last place. For a person that mostly loves animals more than humans thats not an easy statment. But these dogs need to be put out of their miisery and sometimes poision is the only way to do it here.
    Most street dogs that come after me and Sniffy , if you stamp your foot they go away. But some have come after me protecting my dog from them. I took a few torn pants protecting my blind dog.
    Funny how if you let it, a dog can become so important to you...Breaks my heart to see some of these dogs in the street. But what can you do?
    Love my blind dog Sniffy!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeez all this moanin and bitchin (pun intended!)

I just wonder how many of you are prepared to actually DO something about the issue instead of just sitting on your arses at your keyboards

Maybe putting your hand in your pocket and making a donation or volunteering some of your precious time .

I'm sure "Asociacion de amigos por los animales de Sosua" will be delighted to hear from you all.

They have a reasonably good program to help with this issue but need funds and volunteers.

Contact Judy on 571-1167 (Judy's pet lodge)or email her at notparadise@hotmail.com to find out how you can actually help

I'm sure she'll be delighted at your philanthropy but I'm not holding my breath.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Volunteer

Well,

I guess "Asociacion de amigos por lo animales" and " Judy's pet lodge" they will move those dogs from the neighbourhood too.
    if she wants volunteers I don't know not body in POP but I can contact some guys but the problem is where are they go to sleep
    and eat, are they going to have any protection to don't get bite from the dogs.

They will go to POP and make help but what about the rest of POP
    and SDQ, people is easy to find for example doing a program saturday in the morning just visit house and tell people about anti rabies program and "Battle Dogs" well how ever is better for
    them.

At school just get a permit from the minister of school and the guys who are in highschool can volunteer too as part of the Social Labour by Ministery of Education law.

HS

Post Thanks / Like

Someone should euthanize you, It's funny how all they want to do is eat and get water which is the exact same thing YOU need yet you think they should be euthanized because they annoy you. You seem like a complete piece of garbage and if I knew you in person and you said that that would honestly be the last thing you ever said in your life lol

Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BootyRaven69 View Post
    Someone should euthanize you, It's funny how all they want to do is eat and get water which is the exact same thing YOU need yet you think they should be euthanized because they annoy you. You seem like a complete piece of garbage and if I knew you in person and you said that that would honestly be the last thing you ever said in your life lol
    Interesting first post. Welcome to DR1, for as long as you last, booty Raven 69.
    Off-Topic Forum
    DR1 moderator

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BootyRaven69 View Post
    The thread is 14 years old(?).

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Since we are on the subject, my son almost lost an eye to a beach dog when he was about 3 yrs. old. If I had my way they'd all be put under. And when they are in packs they are dangerous.

8. Likes Mauricio, Garyexpat liked this post
    Dislikes irishpaddy disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My first encounter with beach dogs was while camping at la ensenada, back when it was a nice quiet beach, like 10 years ago.
    In the middle of the night I hear growling and screeching, etc......

I was in hamock with the wifey, while the rest of the in-laws were in a tent on the ground.
    I half got out-half fell out - of the hamock, managing not to shoot my balls off in the process ( quite a feat as it was probably the 4th time ever i was carrying a gun ------ I, thankfuly, come from a place where we dont go around shooting each other  ), but losing the flashlight in the process :/ :/.

So I grab the next best thing- a flaming branch from the fire-  and head off to invistigate.
    Against the protests of in-laws, whom, like any respectable dominican, still believe that " if u cant see itit cant see u ".........

Now, ladies and gentlemen, only in hollywood films does a flaming branch works as well as a 450 lumen flashlight. In real life it doesnt help you see sh.it.
    I kind of see a haze of a human like shadow trying to climb up a tree and a pack of a dozen mangy dogs pulling him back down......
    Holy balony !!!!
    By this time my better half has found the flashlight, and a machete ( which, as an afterthought is much more useful than a gun and a flaming branch---- too many video games dispatches one from real life situations ) and we discover it is actually a donkey getting mauled by the dogs !!!!!!
    The dogs were carving steaks out of him !!!

We shout and holler and the dogs scatter........ the donkey wasnt able to flee or defend himself effectivly, because he was tied up to said tree

P.S. It didnt make me want to kill all beach dogs......just saying

10. Likes mobrouser liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is this showing up?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by judypdr View Post
    Why is this showing up?
    “This” meaning the thread?  

If a thread isn’t closed by a moderator, it can be revived by someone posting in it, regardless of how old it is.  

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast