Sad News

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
I regret to inform everyone that CabareteCid has been involved in an accident. Although I did stop by to see them at a hospital in Puerto Plata this evening I will leave the disclosure of any details to GirlieGirl.
My thoughts are with them and I wish CabareteCid a swift recovery.

Anything I can do to help H&T, please let me know.

Stay well,
Amy

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Thank You

Amy,

Thank you for your thoughts. I only logged on because you said that you posted this. My sister is in the hospital. She had a severe accident in her Pasola. When I left her she was just getting the stitches, they said that I could not stay but could come back at 5am tomorrow which is when I will be there.

She has loss of some memory as well as a fractured skull, but I am thanking God for answering my prayers, as at one point they thought she was hemmoraging (sp?). Luckily, my uncle in Santiago, a doctor, has many contacts and Dr. B will be visiting her tomorrow morning personally and making arrangements for her that will be most comfortable.

If everyone will please say a prayer for her, as they are unsure until tomorrow whether surgery will be needed.

Thank you

GG

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Never had the pleasure of meeting you/family but I wish your sister the best and I am sure many members here will have her in their prayers for a speedy recovery:)
dale7

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
Sending a prayer

GG, sorry to hear about the news. I hope sis bounces back from this fairly quickly. My prayers are with you. Please tell her that I will be thinking of her.
I'll be arriving on the 27th and I'll stop in to see you both.
God bless,
Maryanne

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
GG,
I havent met you or your family, but I've had a similar experience with my brother. It is a horrible thing.
My thoughts are with you. God bless and may your sister recover soon.
S

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Terrible news, GirlieGirl. I sure hope she has a quick and complete recovery.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Very sorry to hear this.

Please call me if there is anything I can do to help..

I'll be here.

HB

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
GG,
You and your sister in our prayers. Please keep us posted if you have time. We just went through this in May with my sister.

Mainer

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Heather

I have been keeping up on your sister's condition through Amy. She is in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us all up-to-date on her condition. We are confident she will have a speedy recovery.

Tom (aka XR)

P.S.
No more motos. From now on she needs are jeepeta that weighs no less than a couple of tons wrapped around her for protection. OK?

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
So sorry to hear this news about your sister. I hope that she has a speedy recovery. Please, try to get her a big wheel scooter. It has saved me MANY times. Even though I drive the road from ProCab to Kite Beach daily, I still manage to hit them:-(

Marina

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
You all are wonderful!

All of you are absolutely wonderful. She will be so excited to read this thread when she arrives home. The census is that she has a concussion and four minor skull fractures. Providing that she stays rested she will not need surgery on the skull fractures. Against the doctors "better judgement" or so he says, she is coming home tomorrow under strict rules. She has to remain in bed and will have many medications. She has never been in a hospital before so she has been real onry and has been demanding since day 1 to just go home. She had another catscan this morning and although her head is still very swollen, they believe that she will be okay as long as she stays rested and takes all of her medication. She is ecstatic to be taken off of the I.V. tomorrow.

For all that have emailed or PM'd, I have not responded because I have been incredibly rushed. I am posting this for the general information. Give me a few days to settle her in and then I will be happy to respond.

If anyone wants to visit her, you can email me directly at trendsettersdr@yahoo.com, and we can arrange a time that is beneficial for her and her visitors.

Thank you all so incredibly much.

Talk to you all soon.

GG

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
It's Tiffany, Cabarete Cid!

I am finally out of the hospital and it was wonderful to come home and read all of this, thank you all so much! I can't remember exactly what happened or anything, but that might be a good thing!!

Thank you Amy and everyone else for your prayers!!!

I am so happy to be doing better!!