Newbie concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal

Dec 1, 2003
Have booked a week starting Jan 5 at I Costa Dorada. Have had some apprehension since. Items like rain potential, insects, possible lack of cheerful sun, Puerto Plata Splatters!

Hopefully these concerns will pale with the adventure of being in a different Caribbean location than others we've been to.
Perhaps the Nov- Dec downpours will have tapered away. <ost other locations we have been at have had breif showers, not day ruiners. It would be hard to imagine having a great time if long lasting rains confine one to his room.

We have had the experience of several vacations in Mexico without intestinal disturbances. No doubt if one uses reasonable judgement it enhances the chance of that being true anywhere.

I would like to find a location for boogie boarding that has rentals.
Hopefully moderate surf with the potential for catching waves without swim fins. I presume Cabarete,Sosua or nearby. Have heard Maceo beach mentioned but can't locate that and wonder if the fact that one of the tours uses it would mean they have their own boards or if rental might be available.

Would appreciate any comments. Thanks.

Hal

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Weatherwise, don't sweat it.

Even with all of the rain lately I don't think we've had but maybe one day where the sun didn't shine at all. Usually it seems the peak time for the showers is after sunset and before sunrise. Looks like we had about a quarter of an inch of rain in the last 24 hours but itmust have been at night because I didn't even notice it.

Today the sun is out and shining brightly. Just a few clouds, and a nice cooling North breeze off the ocean at 10-20 mph.

alc.gif

Puerta Plata Splatters? Sounds like a great name for a rum drink. Or a description of what happens to you after you drink one!

Tom (aka XR)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I love it! Can we adopt it into the DR1 lexicon of words - The Puerto Plata Splatters - I just cannot tell anyone publically what my mind is doing with these words :cool:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
HMMMMMMmmmm....I'm wondering

What the equivalent for Sosua would be? Let me see...

Or the same for Cabarete??

hehehe

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.