Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ***Welcome to the Environment Forum***

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea for a forum.

May it be filled with solutions, creativity, energy, imagination and inspiration - as opposed to just whingeing about Dominicans and sound-offs about the state of the environment, although there is a place for letting off some steam I suppose.

Just let's not let negativity and fatalism dominate.

Keith is both wise and cool, clearly knows his stuff and will make it work.

Chiri
    Last edited by Chirimoya; 12-03-2003 at 10:56 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Excellent choice Rob

KeithR is well tempered, logical and is overall a nice guy.

I hope this forum offers solutions to the terrible littering problem that I observed on my last visit. Beer bottles and plastic containers were all over the side of the roads, how disgusting!

"Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Excellent choice Rob

Originally posted by Jwb
    KeithR is well tempered, logical and is overall a nice guy.
    Gee, thanks, Jon! You just think that because you talked to me after a few Presidentes were in your system.

Jon, check out our separate thread on litter and environmental education. Feel free to jump into the discussion!

Best Regards,
    Keith
    Last edited by Keith R; 12-04-2003 at 10:29 AM.

"Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chirimoya
    Good idea for a forum.

May it be filled with solutions, creativity, energy, imagination and inspiration - as opposed to just whingeing about Dominicans and sound-offs about the state of the environment, although there is a place for letting off some steam I suppose.
    [QUOTE]

This is my goal. I want some brainstorming, some real exchange of info and ideas, sprinkled with equal parts realism and inspiration!

Just let's not let negativity and fatalism dominate.
    Amen! Folks, I do not want to make this another platform for unbroken DR bashing. Sound-offs, sure. Holding the government, whether national or local, and businesses accountable for their failings in this field, definitely! But steady Dominican bashing, no! Take it elsewhere, folks.

For those of you who don't understand, be forewarned I already know how to operate the edit & delete buttons!

Keith is both wise and cool, clearly knows his stuff and will make it work.

Chiri [/B]
    Coming from you, Chiri, means alot. I have always admired your posts for their clarity, insights & how articulate you are. I hope you become a regular in this forum!

Best Regards,
    Keith

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Yes Sir!

Originally posted by Keith R
    [FONT=arial]Welcome to the Environment Forum[/FONT]

I would also like to have some reviews of the DR's parks and preserves. Anyone want to volunteer to start? How about you, Cleef? I know you love the outdoors and you're a terrific writer.

Best Regards,
    Keith
    I sure will.

I have some work on going to write about some of my experiences. I've been fortunate enough through my own exploration and with my schools' adventure club to be able to see and do some neat things.

I'll begin work on posting my experiences as soon as time permits, hopefully before the holiday break, but most certainly after. If I have power through today, I'll post what I have ready.

Great idea Keith, one that was due.

I didn't last long...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yes Sir!

Originally posted by Cleef
    [/size]I sure will.

I have some work on going to write about some of my experiences. I've been fortunate enough through my own exploration and with my schools' adventure club to be able to see and do some neat things.

I'll begin work on posting my experiences as soon as time permits, hopefully before the holiday break, but most certainly after. If I have power through today, I'll post what I have ready.

Great idea Keith, one that was due.
    Hurray for Brother Keith. As I stated before, they could not have made a better choice. You are a very unbiased and wise man and I know that you will get this going in no time. You are taking a stand in trying to help the DR. Now it's time for those complainers to stop complaining about the problems in the DR and start doing something about it. You can count on me, companero Keith.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Forum

I like the Idea of this forum. I have seen threads from organic produce to waste to energy. The irony for me is they are really can be one in the same.
    I plan on living in the D.R. in about four years. I retire from the Navy in 541 days" not that I am counting" Then 36 months of G.I. bill for finishing my education.
    I plan to live in the D.R. and be a hippie. I want to homestead and be self supportive energy and food wise. I will let my pension support my computer addiction.
    I have spent the better part of my teenage years along with all of my adult years looking at ways to live in the modern age with out being supported by the power company. All my dreaming looks like it will work just fine in the D.R.
    I look forward to the exchange of info in the future.
    John

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kind of discussion I would like to see

Home water purification. Oraganic gardening in relation to home energy production. Seting up comunity co-ops.
    I am sure these will happen with time.
    John
    Last edited by jsizemore; 12-07-2003 at 10:39 PM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say Congrats to Keith.

btw, make sure Rob pays you on time...lol

I am still waiting for last months pay

Goddess
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who else but Keith? Best choice.

Originally posted by cmedina07
    btw, make sure Rob pays you on time...lol
    I am still waiting for last months pay
    You are getting paid?! All I get is the ocassional coffee and I have to bring my own cookies.

Off to Secretaría de Trabajo!

At least Uncle Rob makes some decent coffee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast