paradisus resort in punta cana

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
i just got back from my trip and a freind of mine is married to the manager of the resort .....DONT GO !!!!
it was the worst service !!!!
the room was dirty !
the food sucked !!!
it was guided towards foreigners ,it had no club !!!!
i can go on and on .....if i would of paid the full price i think i would of taken a crap !!!:mad:

i went to several resorts and had a fantastic time!
;)

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
MORE DETAILS???
:confused:

i stated above the service sux ,shouldnt that be enough for you to hate a resort .ill give you the whole story if you desire !!!
i went to eat at the italian rest. ,the hostess didnt sit us down , then the waiter took for ever ,finally came and didnt offer wine or anything to drink (remember this should be free) then i told him how i wanted the steak cooked (well done) he brings the steak and its got blood all over it !!!!!
lets just say i wasnt happy , i had to ask the waiter if i could get some wine with my dinner it ook him anoth 10 minutes to get ,mind you there was only 3 tables besides mine
i left out of there ,go to my room ,i take my shoes off and start walking ,i could feel the floor was like sandpaper , i called the lobby and asked if they had cleaned the room ,he tells me that the are under construction, i said so what !!!! i didnt see un nobody tirando bloques in the room!!!
he said he would send someone to clean it ...i said dont worry about it ,i took a towel and a stick and cleaned it my self
after sweating a little bit i said im gonna take a shower in the roman bathtub , i look in it and it looks like some one had stuck a muddy tire and patched it in the tub ,there was RED DIRT (barro)....i said whatever and instead i just took a shower ,i get ready and go to the lobby where they had some guy singing ,it looked like a karoke !!!
not my definition of fun ,remember im dominican ,i need the music loud !!!
i wont complain about the bartenders as they were great ,they knew how to mix all the drinks ,were very freindly .
the next day i waoke up and went to the buffet ,it was directed to people who have no taste buds , oh my god!
the only thing dominican they had was un mangu cold as hell !
i said ok ,i really dont eat much breakfast so ill just wait for lunch to pig out , i headed to the beach ,they didnt have any servers on the beach ,so if you wanted anything you had to walk towards the bar ,and its not a short walk !!!!
here comes lunch ,i went and got some paella ....the worst paella ive ever tasted ....got some chicken ,ohhhhh my god i was just wishing i was at pollo pa comer,pollo victorina or for that matter the frituras de la esquina ...as the chicken in the resort semmed to only have pepper and salt ala gringo ....cono that was the last draw ,i said the hell with this ,i got my stuff ,went to the lobby and informed them that i wasnt staying there a minute more .they asked what was wrong ,the dominican came out of me,i told them i would pay for the nite i stayed but that was it ,as this placed was a -5 star in my book .
i got my car and left ....the whole experience at this resort was horrible ,thet were in the middle of construction and they was stuff laying around ,mud ,...i can go on and on !
my point is save your money and go somewhere else .even boca chica resort would be better than this so called 5 star resort !!!!

remember this is just my opinion

:mad:

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
i went to the barcelo baruco resort in barahona and casa de campo .
i was over there for 2 1/2 weeks

Andrea

Jan 6, 2004
Paradisus resort in punta cana

This message is very upsetting since we are planning to be at the Paradisus the end of January. I would appreciate it if anyone else who is knowledgeable about the Paradisus resort could offer their comments. It was very highly rated on Debbie's Dominican website. Thanks

Anjanettea

Jan 23, 2004
Very Upsetting

Does anyone have anything else to say about the Paradisus? I have read reviews from Trip Advisor, DR1, Where to Stay and a few other sites, and people either love or hate the place. I notice the main complaints are the food and service.

I'm going to the Paradisus May 2004 for my 30th b-day. I'm forcing my mom to go, and she doesn't want to go. If this place is horrible (like the Caribe HIlton in PR), I will never hear the end of it from my mom.

So for anyone that has been there recently, please post a review or email me.

Thanks.

Anj

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
stay away from it !!!!
for the price u can stay at any other place !!!!
i have heard people say it was a 5 star hotel ....i wouldnt give it 1 star ,a moon ,a metoroid or nothing
this place sucks period !!!!

Anjanettea

Jan 23, 2004
Paradisus

mereco,

I don't doubt your statements, but what is funny, I was planning a trip to Jamaica in 2002. My travel agent suggested Paradisus as the equivalent to Couples Oho Rios, (price wise & the super all inclusive). I know my travel agent has travel extensively and would not send me anywhere that had such bad reviews. The agent had been dealing with me mom for the past 20 - 25 yrs. Another travel agent (within Liberty Travel) suggested the Caribe Tropical, which I have read mixed reviews as well.

As of right now, my reservation is on hold for the Paradisus (timeshare) and I have 14 days to decide. I am going to Gran Melia Cancun in June, but I can't afford to have another travel experience like I did in PR (especially when my mom does not want to go to DR).

Any other opinions, good or bad are appreciated.

Anj

Last edited:

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Mereco I dont believe u

Why are you scaring people away of that Hotel I can't believe at all, you are the kind of client who think that still there is slave in DR.

****Mereco*****
i said ok ,i really dont eat much breakfast so ill just wait for lunch to pig out , i headed to the beach ,they didnt have any servers on the beach ,so if you wanted anything you had to walk towards the bar ,and its not a short walk !!!!
None Hotel will do it, to go where you are sitting on the beach to ask you Princes Mereco would you like some thing to drink? not way if you want to drink and be helped go to the bar and if you want to eat and be served go to the restaurant a la cart, don't expect them go to your table or put the food in the plate in a Buffet.

*****Mereco******
the next day i waoke up and went to the buffet ,it was directed to people who have no taste buds , oh my god!
the only thing dominican they had was un mangu cold as hell !
Do they say to you the have Dominican Restaurant having every Dominican food, Why to have every thing Dominican where a Tourist hardly will eat MOndongo, Jugo de Ca?a or Mabi, fritos verdes.

Stop, thats too much lye, Mereco you are in Dominican Rep. in one international Hotel where 90% of the guest are foreign why do they need to have every Item of Dominican Food. Never ever compare Barcelo Bahoruco in Barahona with Paradisus Punta Cana.

Mereco they have excellent responsabilities why you did not talk to the manager of the Hotel Mr. Castillo, you sound very mad and fustrated about you experience but why you did not talk to the Manager ?

First than every thing if you would talked to the manager they will Apologize to you as a second part they will upgrade the room that you were having, giving to you a Master Suit room in the same Hotel or Mexico because that's the policy of the Hotel.

For all the inconvinient and your satisfation they will kick the a**
of the Hotel that employees responsable for the quality of your room Starting in who made you

1: Checked you in, "Front Desk" operator who asign the room
2: Maintenance Dpt "People who was working in your room"
3: Maids "Every room has the name of the person who clean and is responsible to clean your room"

Those people doesnt want to lose their job or pay for that error so they rather to do them jobs in fact to see you behave like that.

First than every thing if the room was so dirty as a you explained why you take it ?

Why you did not ask if the Hotel have a Disco ?

but the main Question why you didn't talk to the manager and why you expend that time there?

Thats why most of the Hotels in Bavaro doesnt want Dominican as guest because when they pay for some thing that is really spensive they want the money back in any way.

One more thing:

GOGO Tours "USA"
Apple Vacations "USA"
Airtransat "CANADA"
Turissimo "South america and Canada"
Sunquest vacation "CANADA"
TUI "GERMANY"
HOTELPLAN "SWITZERLAND"

WHY would they take a risk like that to give u a room in that condition and have that horrible services that you said, where all this tour operator are making so offten room inspection also food inspection. which one can cancel the contract to the Hotel ?

You were the only one having that hard time.

You have the freedom to call at 1 (809) 687-9923 ask for Mr. castillo Director of the Hotel or Quality control department I hope all you are saying is true the you can get a few days in Cancun for compensation but they might ask you why you dont talk to them you better have a good reason.

Call them and let me know what happen.

Homer Simpson

Last edited:

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
Lets get one thing straight Mr. Cartoon ,im not scaring anyone away ,Im simply giving my opinion and posting my experience with this so called 5 star hotel.

To respond to your comments which by the way compliment your name as a 9 year old has a better grasp of the english language .you state in your postno hotel will cater to any individual if you are at the beach ,Ive been to numerous hotela ,resorts etc and they have a common goal "satisfy the customer".If you are sunbathing it should not take a train ride or a 10 minute walk to get a drink ,thats just plain stupid to have a bar so far ,remeber dominican weather is hot therfore you gonna sweat and get thirsty why not have a hotel employee near the beach ,serving .Is it the hotels choice to have there guest dehydrate and pass out . I never stated i wanted food at the beach so dont input false statements Homer

I did mention that the breakfast was horrible ,i DID NOT state i wanted a all dominican breakfast ,if i travel to Japan i expect to eat there traditional food i would not expect to eat mangu ,queso frito in Japan !!!!

You ask yourself why i didnt ask for the manager
I will not lie (thats how its spelled by the way!!!!) it did cross my mind ,but i will give you the scenario i encountered, there was several people in line checking out and a gentleman speaking to the front desk manager at the time ,why waste 30 minutes of my precious time , on top of that my taught was that if the hotel is so poorly operated what could a manager do to reverse all errors at this time .
I belive that my opinion to freinds and potential guest would forewarn them on this hotels operation .The best or worst advertisment is word of mouth and belive me i will voice my opinion .

Now for the grand finale
Your statement on Dominicans is very intresting
yes im a PROUD DOMINICAN and no i didnt expect my money back ,i work hard for it and expect the same in return when paying for a service ,i dont know where your from maybe cartoon land and have monopoly money to give away !
I tell you this ,i desire to meet you one day face to face and you can state all the knowledge you have on Dominicans ,i will in return pass the knowledge given by my dad that will change your views of Dominican people

I dont care to go to Cancun or any resort owned ,operated or affiliated with this dump !!!!!

Anjanettea

Jan 23, 2004
Didn't Mean to Start a War

Mereco

I would visit the Gran Melia Cancun just so you can see the difference in the hotels. My mom and I are treated like royalty and if there is any problems, the problems are fixed right away.

Again, if anyone has anything to say about the Paradisus...I would like to hear your thoughts.

Mereco, thank you for your responses. By the way, when did go to the hotel?

Anj

Last edited:

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
Oh, there is a war breeding!

Mereco, for your information, Homer is also a Dominican.

Maryanne

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
i went in nov 03

so sad when dominicans have to talk about other dominicans!!
i hope to find the perfect race 1 day!!!

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Mereco

*****MERECO*****
i dont know where your from maybe cartoon land and have monopoly money to give away !
I tell you this ,i desire to meet you one day face to face and you can state all the knowledge you have on Dominicans ,i will in return pass the knowledge given by my dad that will change your views of Dominican.

Mereco, do you really want me see face to face are you sure ?

Any time you want and that will be the last time will go back to the Dominican.

How ? Good question let me know when go back we can have a formal meeting.

Homer Simpson from CArtoon land and yes I have monopoly money thats why I don't have problem in Hotels. and for sure if I pay $300 monopoly USDollar per night at any place I will expect the same day the services that I paid for.

With my monopoly US money or Hippo pesos I don't have problem at any Hotel.

Now I want to see u. any time Mereco, I will see you.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This is too funny. Took the waiter 10 minutes to get your wine. I'd say that's pretty fast service.
How many hotels have you been to in the DR? Most do cater to tourist and therefore you won't find any food that is 100 % Dominican. In Sosua Marys and I went to a place that serves "Dominican Food". I could only find ONE so yes most tourist places cater to tourists so you really have to get out of the tourist areas in order to find the Food of the land, so to speak.

Music: I like loud and you like it loud but guess what? Most people don't. Perfect race? News flash! No such thing.

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
i will accept that invitation ......maybe i can bring you a spelling book as a token of appreciation !

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You know mereco, making fun of someone who's first language isn't English makes you more of an eight year old than anyone else and totally discredits anything else you have said.

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
yeah and his remarks about dominicans ....when hes dominican
that was very mature !
belive me that is why we can never go forward ,if your not proud and talk garbage of yuor own race .
i was just fed up with his comments ,i may of crossed the line but at least i had valid points .
oh by the way if you cannot spell and dont have a dictonary ,just go to spellcheck.net

Anjanettea

Jan 23, 2004
I'm Sorry

That this conversation had to come to this. I just wanted to know Mereco's opinions of the Pradisus.

Mereco thank you for your comments.

Also, wanted to let everyone know that I am 80% decided on staying at the Paradisus. My other options are the Caribe Tropical or go to Costa Rica, staying at the Paradisus Playa Conchal. Depending on airfare, I most likely will be traveling to Punta Cana to celebrate my 30th b-day.

Again, THANK YOU for everyone's comments, and again, I apologize for conversation going the way it did.

Anj