Cable Car to Mt. Isabella

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
In my opinion this is a must see for tourists. The cost is minimal... 100 pesos for adults and 50 for children. There's an excellent view from the top. The botanical gardens are lovely, although I was surpised to see so many plants just like ours here in Texas. After the warm weather down below the cool mountain air was very refreshing. Specially after walking up and down all the trails through the gardens! The restaurant offered a good selection of food.

I hope to go back without my kids next time!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Mary, I am glad to get confirmation that the cable car is in service. We have family coming for a visit at end of month and this was one of the places we planned to take them--if the cable car was working.

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
Hi Ken, hope you're better. We learned from someone else that it had been closed for awhile because of the earthquake. So, might be wise to call before going. Everything was very clean and well maintained from our perspective.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Tired_Boy
6.5 on the Richter scale 00.45 22nd Sept. Another one (5.5 or so) at 02.30 & then some smaller ones during that day. There have been several 2.somethings, 3.5s & a couple of 5.3s since then & each day we have about 15 minor tremours too small to register on the Richter scale! There have been somewhere in the region of 400 "aftershocks" since 22nd Sept!!

Ken,
On the day you intend going, give me a Tel. call & I'll go onto the roof & check for you if the cablecar is working!! I can see the cars going up (& down) from the house & can also advise on cloud cover for the day!! - Grahame.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
yea, I agree with Tom. I did the trip once on my first visit to the DR ..... whoooaa!! Scary! We could see frayed cables on the way up and down :confused: and there was a slight breeze which swung the car around a bit. Nice trip, but I'll be driving up with XR next time :cool:

Stay well,
Amy