Anybody know if Tom F is still around?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
In researching past DR1 threads on environmental topics to post in the "sticky" in the new Environmental Forum, I came across many on solar and wind power from a few years back where the guy with the knowledge, contacts & experience seemed to be Tom F (is this the same as Tom Forbes???).

Anyone know if he still participates on the Board, or if not but is still in the DR and working this field, how I might contact him? I would be interested in a sort of guest article in the Env Forum on where solar & wind power is these days in the DR, and what are the challenges people face in utilitizing it to divorce themselves from the electric company....

Best Regards,
Keith

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I check the message board almost daily. I just don't respond much unless I feel I can add something that has not already been said. I will definately be posting in the new forum. Are you familar with the work of Richard Hansen? I would love to see Jimmy Stewart give us an update on solar work over the last four years (since I have been out of it).

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I think my email is on my user info on this board. Otherwise it is tmforbes@yahoo.com. I enjoy discussing these issues and do plan on returning someday. My wife (who is Dominican) has no interest in going back. She says she spent 20 years trying to figure out how to out and I'm not taking her back. She is from a fairly well off family from the campo and had her residency before I met her if any of you are getting the wrong idea. Besides she makes twice the money I do now. Teaching for the NYC Department of Ed is not getting me rich but it's better than the paycheck I got when working with solar in the DR.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Thanks, guys. Well, I would welcome all expertise, insights, tough questions, etc. that people with real experience in solar in the DR, like Tom, Jimmy & Richard, can offer to the Environment Forum. I asked for Tom because I remember him from my early DR1 posting days (I started in 1998) and also thought I had seen his name not too long ago, whereas it's been years I think since I saw Jimmy or Richard post...

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Richard Hansen has never posted on this forum as far as I know. I have told him about the site. I thought that you being in the environmental arena in Latin America you would of read something about Richard (Soluz, Enersol, Global Transition Consulting) along the way. He speaks at many different types of conferences related to renewable energy. He has similiar activities going on in Honduras.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Hmm, I thought Richard posted once or twice back in the old days, 1998 or 1999. Maybe he was just mentioned... who knows, with my memory!:confused:

I do know Jimmy used to post, but been awhile since I have seen his name here.

Great first post in the Environment Forum, Tom. Many thanks! Hope it's just the first of many. ;)

Best regards,
Keith