How To Pick Up Girls in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveDR

Successful in picking up girls in DR? Please share tips for single guy planning to vacation in DR.

Details: not interested in prostitutes...just girls at clubs, the beach, etc....

Do DR women tend to like very aggressive guys?

Please share tips that have worked for you that are *specific to DR women and the DR*. Tips that apply to any city or picking up girls in general (e.g., "Be friendy and just be yourself") are probably not useful to readers of this string, most of whom I assume are successful in their home regions.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
SteveDR said:

Do DR women tend to like very aggressive guys? .....are probably not useful to readers of this string, most of whom I assume are successful in their home regions.

Thanks.

Do what you do at home except in Spanish, fluent Spanish. If that means sitting on the couch wathing TV it won't work.

And this is kind of a small thread to have become a string.

And girls everywhere don't like aggressive if that means being an a-hole which it often does, so be polite, in Spanish, fluent Spanish.

S

SteveDR

sancochojoe,

Can a 45 years old guy approach 25 year old girl, is it acceptable over there?

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
My take

SteveDR said:
sancochojoe,

Can a 45 years old guy approach 25 year old girl, is it acceptable over there?

Hi! my girlfriend is dominican and I've been to the DR several times.To put it bluntly-if you're an american,canadian or european your chances of picking up young attractive girls in that country is 100 times greater than at home.Especially if you're white,because dominican women seem to prefer white men,because it's a status symbol and denotes wealth,intelligence etc...Generally speaking dominicans also think of white skin & european features as the most attractive.

If you should happen to be hispanic or black,I can't really offer any advice to you on picking up dominican women,because I don't know how they respond to such guys.

Now,on your question about wether or not 45+ year old man land 25 year old dominican women,I couldn't help but smile on that one.Dude....even 65 year old foreign men are commonly found hooked up to young & attractive dominican women.

If your interested in a LTR,I'd say try to meet dominican women off-the-beaten track & away from tourist areas,bars or clubs,where prostitutes congregate.

Carl e

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I can't speak from experience because I am white, but I have never seen any black or hispanic men have trouble picking up Dominican Women, they are at least as successful as their white counterparts ffrom what I ahve observed, Dominican women are well aware of the stereotypes regarding organ size, stamina etc. Besides they feel closer to home with a dark skinned guy, reminds them of ex-boyfriends etc.

Most of the time you will have to put in some serious work, several dates before sex, meeting the family, etc. Also you need to disguise the fact that you are on vacation, at lest pretend to be on business, and that you travel here frequently for business, since only prostitutes will have any interest in a guy that's leaving town for good in a few days.

An last but not least, without being rude or overly aggressive YOU are going to have to make the first move at every step, a Dominican women could be dying to sleep with you but not sending any of the signals you're used to in a more open culture - just waiting for you to tell her that it's time to go get a room. You may not think she's interested if she doesn't say anything, but 9 times out of 10 she is, she's just being careful not to be mistaken for a whore.

Re: My take

carl ericson70 said:
.Especially if you're white,because dominican women seem to prefer white men,because it's a status symbol and denotes wealth,intelligence etc...Generally speaking dominicans also think of white skin & european features as the most attractive.

If you should happen to be hispanic or black,I can't really offer any advice to you on picking up dominican women,because I don't know how they respond to such guys.

Carl, that is soo laughable, i'm falling over in my chair. Where in the hell did you get this notion Domincan woman thing white guys are more attracitve and or more intelligence....After you make this claim, then you say "you dont know how they respond to blacks or hispanics."

That makes so since at all. You are just blowing smoke and you are tring to start something. I had a bunch of Dominicans over my house this weekend and showed the post you made and other post other people made and they couldn't stop laughing.
They could not beleive the claims some of you guys had made about them.

Your claim is simply heresay without any evidence to such a claim because my "claim" is just the opposite but I recognize i'm also going my personal experience and heresay without statistical evidence.

If anything, the issue is not that your attractive, the issue is that your different then the norm. Several of my black friends travel into Europe all the time, and the woman there treat them like superstars and get sex from white European girls for days. Why? not that they are better looking, which in some cases some women beleive that, but is because they are different then the norm. You stand out, and that alone is exiting for a woman.
Same in DR. You see these pale skin guys walking among a bunch of dark to brown people you stand out.

Man some of you guys are on this high horse thinking you are Gods gift and after seeing some of you guys photos on DR1, leaves me to beleive more and more, it is definitely not the looks and its more about how wide you open your wallet.

DR is nothing but pretty people and you Gringos think you are a bunch of hot beer belly studs walking around in the island....Pleeease

Last edited:

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
Re: Re: My take

sancochojoe said:
"That makes so since at all. You are just blowing smoke and you are tring to start something. I had a bunch of Dominicans over my house this weekend and showed the post you made and other post other people made and they couldn't stop laughing.
They could not beleive the claims some of you guys had made about them."

Well,I think that those dominicans are in denial,really.They've probably have been in the u.s. a while and are familiar with u.s. racial discourse.I mean,they're smart enough to keep thier opinions to themselves.But for real though.......dominicans really really revere caucasian features & complexions etc..

"claim is simply heresay without any evidence to such a claim because my "claim" is just the opposite but I recognize i'm also going my personal experience and heresay without statistical evidence. "

I seriously doubt that you've been to DR sancocho and are simply basing your opinions on a handfull of dominicans that you're freinds with.If you need statistics do some research on google,the net has quite a lot of info on color preferences among dominicans.

"If anything, the issue is not that your attractive, the issue is that your different then the norm. Several of my black friends travel into Europe all the time, and the woman there treat them like superstars and get sex from white European girls for days. Why? not that they are better looking, which in some cases some women beleive that, but is because they are different then the norm. You stand out, and that alone is exiting for a woman.
Same in DR. You see these pale skin guys walking among a bunch of dark to brown people you stand out."

Lol! now that I've seen with my own eyes,while serving in the military.Yes,it is very easy for black guys to bang white european women(especially german).However,I don't think that dominican women are hooking up with white guys because they view us as novelties,because remember,in europe black men are rare,but the DR has a sizable amount of people who're white or near-white.

"Man some of you guys are on this high horse thinking you are Gods gift and after seeing some of you guys photos on DR1, leaves me to beleive more and more, it is definitely not the looks and its more about how wide you open your wallet.

DR is nothing but pretty people and you Gringos think you are a bunch of hot beer belly studs walking around in the island....Pleeease [/B]
"

Well....I've checked the photo section also and I agree -there are quite few fat,balding middle aged men,but never-the-less they're getting laid.With some fine azz dominican women at that.Most of the people who travel to the DR aren't rich,but in comparisson to dominicans,it's a different story.As far as opening one's wallet and paying for puzzy in the DR goes,my friend.......most men pay for puzzy,in one way or another.

Let's stay on topic and not turn this thread into a black/white dialogue,that they mods will close.I really didn't mean to come off as arrogant etc..

Carl E

Re: Re: Re: My take

carl ericson70 said:
"

Well....I've checked the photo section also and I agree -there are quite few fat,balding middle aged men,but never-the-less they're getting laid.With some fine azz dominican women at that

Let's stay on topic and not turn this thread into a black/white dialogue,that they mods will close.I really didn't mean to come off as arrogant etc..

Carl E

What? do you read what you write. You brought in Black/white and I rebutted your comment. Read your post for God sakes.

"Especially if you're white,because dominican women seem to prefer white men,because it's a status symbol and denotes wealth,intelligence etc...Generally speaking dominicans also think of white skin & european features as the most attractive.

If you should happen to be hispanic or black,I can't really offer any advice to you on picking up dominican women,because I don't know how they respond to such guys." Carl

Lets go to NY especially Washington Heights where there are 2 million domincans second in population only to DR itsself and lets prove your theory of what Domincan woman prefer.

Also, your claiming its because they are good looking. Lets see..Fat, Balding middle age.....yep thats a catch alright.

you don't have to be rich in a country thats earns $2100 a year to get laid. There are a lot of poor pretty woman. Being pretty does not mean you will have a lot a money. Where do you guys get this logic.
Getting laid is not the accomplishment, its what you have to do to get laid. In this case, I state again they are paying for it. And don't give me that "well you have to pay for it some way or another" Again apples and oranges. It does not have to be DR, pick any poor country and an American will get LAID, the perception of wealth is their. I would give you more credit if you would use that same tactic in a rich country, then I could say, "Man, this guy is good"

Please don't brag when you are getting laid in a poor country. People will do anything to get paid, that includes "getting laid".
They are not liking you because of your looks they are gambling that they will have a better economic life style.

Please save the Vanity and be true and honest to yourself.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
SteveDR,
A great start is hitting local bars in the Colonial Zone. Can you dance Merengue or Bachata? Dancing is a great icebreaker and I have good success usually being the only gringo in a bar in Santo Domingo. Usually the Dominican women that are single are sitting together, going out as friends, approach the table and hold your hand out and ask to dance. I don't know about being aggressive but confidence works. A must is being able to speak pretty good Spanish, something I am still working on but I can hold a decent enough conversation.

I also have met women shopping at La Sirena Supermercado and other stores, Acropolis, etc. Being pleasant and confident is most important. No problem with being older than the woman but looks/money do come into play. If you are 60, bald, and extremely overweight, don't expect normal girls to throw themselves at you. Now the cueros don't care about anything except the money. You implied you are 45 so as long as you speak basic Spanish at minimum, are very polite, not looking like Quasimodo, you should do well. If you can't dance, ask a dominicana at a non touristy bar and she would more than happy to show you and a great icebreaker. Oh, if you are rich and handsome and speak Spanish, you will have a very good time. I am 26, not rich, basic/intermediate spanish, ok looking and I have great success when hooking up with normal girls, now girls from Boca Chica are just a pay for play situation no matter what you look like.

In response to other comments: I can agree with sancochojoe that people like the exotic. Darker men do very well with women in the US and especially in Europe. Believe it or not, white men do very well with black women in the US, if they try, because I have been with more black women than white women. Race has nothing to do with intelligence, but race can offer greater educational opportunites and financial benefits due to racism/prejudice in a society. In lesser developed countries it is a given that if you have the dollars you can have the pie regardless of race and people are more ready to marry for financial stabilitly than the highly dramaticized "Love". Well I guess we have all hijacked the thread enough but there is no magic formula to meet a woman from any country, it mainly depends on the person.
dale7

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
on topic?

To get to the ladies:

1) Ignore any agressive girls, they are cueros and not ladies! It will improve your standing with the 'real' girls. Don't look and act to interested, just smile and say 'gra?ias, pero no gra?ias'.

2) Dance well. This means close dancing. Merengue and especially Batchata (including turns, shuffles and shines) is the absolute best. Most girls in DR like Salsa but are not very proficient in it, but if you're good they can be taught. Most DR girls I met will fall for you if you're a good dancer and you can defitively have a great time dancing. Take lessons if you have to before going!

3) Be proficient in Spanish. This means be able to hold a normal ocnversation about the normal things, family, education, background, shared experiences etc.

4) Look the part. Shave yourself, wear nice pants, shirt and shoes. Latin countries value a good dresser. Do not look like a tourist.

5) Be a gentleman, generous, courteous and confident, not agressive! Un caballero takes control without being pushy.

6) Get to know her friends as well.

7) Be discreet about your relations, don't show her off on the beach, etc, etc.

==============================================

All this BS re race, creed or color is just so much BS. As anybody can see in the photosection, I'm white and bald but I have never had any problems getting goodlooking ladies, in any country, without paying for 'it'.

It's all about your confidence and skills!
==============================================

Last edited:
There will always be exceptions MerengueDuchie.

But we did mention, bald, beer belly, and guys who would not even win a good looking contest or get a "double take" from a woman in the states.

But true and I mentioned that before, if you have "Carisma" which you claim you have, thats just as powerful and woman do like that. Maybe some of you guys feel motivated and confident after watching the movie "Dr Doolittle" right?

Look, if it quacks like a duck, its a duck and if the woman want that duck so be it but they do prefer the swan if they truly had the choice but the economic situation in poor countries do not dictate that. "get what you can get"

Look, if you cant play the dating game in the states and we know that more than good looks is important in the states, I would recommend any man to go to a poor country. Your chances are much greater picking up that "hot" chick, because you know you won't get her in the states. I dont hear too many Gringos bragging about Dominicanas they picked up in the states and banging them. Why? because they can't, but I will concede exeptions.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Sancochojoe,

Thanks for the reply. I agree with the fact that radiating 'Charisma" is important. However, I won't claim to have any such thing, I'll leave that to others for their judgement :classic:.

I was just sharing my experiences and trying to answer to the original poster. Experiences, are, in my opinion, what matters, not notions or claiming something.

In your earlier post you mentioned that getting laid is not the accomplishment, it is what you have to do to get laid. I would like to add to that that it's important to only do those things you like and come from the heart, don't fake it. If you're 'real' (god I hate this word) then she wil sense this and be 'real' be too.

In the end it is important that you are loved by the ladies and to that end there are many paths leading to Rome... choose your own and stick to it!

You will find all the girls you can handle on your chosen path. Because you do those things you like to do, you're probably compatible as well!

MD

PS: Or you can take the easy route, hide who you are and just pay for it:bandit:

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
Excellent points Dale7 and Sancochojoe

Steve, the Dr is a country that is blessed, there are good looking women everywhere you look. You can be of any color of the rainbow and be of any age group you will have the opportunity to pull a hot chick. It's all about you and your social skills.

Posted by Carl Ericson
===================================
Dominican women seem to prefer white men,because it's a status symbol and denotes wealth, intelligence etc...Generally speaking dominicans also think of white skin & european features as the most attractive.
====================================

Wrong! dominican women tend to gravitate toward tan skinned, atheletic and fashionably dressed latinos that will pass along their blood line.

kronos

Nov 6, 2003
Try doing a search?

Do a search in this forum for some of AZB's posts. I'm sure if you cut & paste enough of them together you'll have your very own "How to Pick up Girls in DR" guide. ;)

And as has been said here, if you're looking for a serious girl, Avoid the tourist areas!!

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Well well well
I have read a lot.
Dominican women feel atraction for the white men, as dominican guys feel for white gals!!!
It's not a big deal.
It's not cuz u r a white man, green eyes and blonde they'll chase u. Hell no!!!
Those are the ladies in the touristic areas, cuz, we, all the dominicans, know that dominican girl are "Privona" u gotta go after her be nice, gentle, try to be nice with the friends, that's very important cuz maybe theirs it's the final decision.
That's a serious dominican woman. A one that will worth all the "muela" u use. I u r looking for fun, something easy and 20 or more years younger, go for the prostis.
If they see u a white guy around 45 years try to go after her, she could think u r trying to get chiki chaka for money or u r just a foreing pervert.

Status
Not open for further replies.