Do you know?

ITALIA

Dec 10, 2003
Ok so I was just wondering if anyone wanted to give me some insight. What is the deal with dominican baseball players? Is there a "thing" about them? I met one and he is really great and really smart. He speaks Italian, German, and some English. Let me know.:) :)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I would think he had a side job working at a resort! Maybe one in La Romana or Bayahibe where there are lots of Italian and German tourists and less US tourists until just recently.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
omg really?? three languages?
I know Italian, english on a good day and spanish. How special am I eh?

Some people need to get out more!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Those aren't called baseball players...they're called sankies. I'm sure some of them can "catch" a few balls though...

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
In all seriousness...

I think in comparison to most American (or Canadian) baseball players (or even most Americans/Canadians in general), a Dominican would be more likely to speak several languages, because of the exposure to them, due to the high tourist trade in the DR. An American may know a little Spanish, a Canadian may know a little French, but that is likely it.

ANyway, just my 2 cents worth.

Regards.

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
Uhh huh!

Dude might indeed be a sankie,but after he has made a woman cum numerous times in one session,what difference does it make?He could claim to be the prince of wales and some would go along with it.

Like I said before,sankies are alot more intelligent than alot of people think.How many men can say"woman....I'm going to use this big dominican dick to phuck your lily-white azz to sleep"in french,english,german,italian or spainish?Lol!

Carl

Lissy

Nov 12, 2003
ITALIA said:
Ok so I was just wondering if anyone wanted to give me some insight. What is the deal with dominican baseball players? Is there a "thing" about them? I met one and he is really great and really smart. He speaks Italian, German, and some English. Let me know.:) :)

What do you mean a thing??? I dated one and he only knew Spanish...barely new English....he would play ball in NY and when the season was go back to San Pedro...there was a thing about him....a "BIG thing"!!!!

ITALIA

Dec 10, 2003
okay maybe i didn't explain myself well enough. I met him at a hotel. I was visiting with a couple friends and he was in San Pedro with his team. He was so different, while all the guys were saying: "hey mami come here..." he wasn't. He was very reserved and older than the rest. I spotted him the first day and was freaking out. I was never in a million years going to say anything because i didn't want anything. I was there to just relax and enjoy the atmoshpere. One day he appoarched me. He told me i was beautiful (not that every guy doesn't say that to every girl) and from that day we began to get to know one another. He was so sweet. He knew from the start that I was a Christian and so no in it "to get or give anything". He was completely cool with that. We spent longs nights talking outside the hotel rooms and went on a couple dates and walks around the malecon. When it came time to leave i was sad but felt fine i was cool with leaving him. And for some reason he just seemed so sure it wasn't his last time seeing me. After i returned home i waited a few days and called him at the hotel. He was so excited to talk to me. We would talk for hours. After about a month we began talking about when we would meet again. I decided i would come the following month, for he would be with his family for the baseball break. I went kind of unsure. I mean we weren't serious, at least i wasn't. I figured let's just see what happens. I went and that did it for me. Literally, his family was awesome and even more so he was awesome. Through all of this, my friends think it's the biggest mistake I will ever make. (falling for a dominican man) But he's really different. I know he's not a sankie because he never asked for money and he is coming to the us with baseball soon. I know it's not about the sex, cause there never was any and he wants to wait until marriage himself(he is so on fire for God). My thing is what's up with the negativity toward dominicanos. I don't understand and i wanted to know if there was something about baseball players. I am going to see him in a few days and can't wait to spend the holidays with him. I'll have to let you all know how it goes. Let me know what you guys think???:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Lissy

Nov 12, 2003
ITALIA said:
okay maybe i didn't explain myself well enough. I met him at a hotel. I was visiting with a couple friends and he was in San Pedro with his team. He was so different, while all the guys were saying: "hey mami come here..." he wasn't. He was very reserved and older than the rest. I spotted him the first day and was freaking out. I was never in a million years going to say anything because i didn't want anything. I was there to just relax and enjoy the atmoshpere. One day he appoarched me. He told me i was beautiful (not that every guy doesn't say that to every girl) and from that day we began to get to know one another. He was so sweet. He knew from the start that I was a Christian and so no in it "to get or give anything". He was completely cool with that. We spent longs nights talking outside the hotel rooms and went on a couple dates and walks around the malecon. When it came time to leave i was sad but felt fine i was cool with leaving him. And for some reason he just seemed so sure it wasn't his last time seeing me. After i returned home i waited a few days and called him at the hotel. He was so excited to talk to me. We would talk for hours. After about a month we began talking about when we would meet again. I decided i would come the following month, for he would be with his family for the baseball break. I went kind of unsure. I mean we weren't serious, at least i wasn't. I figured let's just see what happens. I went and that did it for me. Literally, his family was awesome and even more so he was awesome. Through all of this, my friends think it's the biggest mistake I will ever make. (falling for a dominican man) But he's really different. I know he's not a sankie because he never asked for money and he is coming to the us with baseball soon. I know it's not about the sex, cause there never was any and he wants to wait until marriage himself(he is so on fire for God). My thing is what's up with the negativity toward dominicanos. I don't understand and i wanted to know if there was something about baseball players. I am going to see him in a few days and can't wait to spend the holidays with him. I'll have to let you all know how it goes. Let me know what you guys think???:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Let me say this....the baseball player I dated...he was one cause I worked at the park office..anyway because of all the stereptyping people due...I let it go....I didn't want anything serious....couple of sexual encounters (w/ protection) whe he asked me to be his "girl" I said no...and always had the doubt or question what if....now I'm happily married with a Dominican....I'm Puerto Rican....and there has always been a fued and animosity between the two.....escpecially in NY where I'm from. Trust your instincts...and hey you never know if you get burned you do so what...take it as a learning experience....not about Dominican men but about love/relationships/and risk in general!!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
ITALIA, maybe you have found a winner. The odds are against tourists in this regard, but some are lucky.

The fact that you are not being pushed to have sex is certainly a positive indicator. That is not typical of the men who normally "pick up" vacationing girls. And the fact you are serious about waiting until married sets you apart from most vacationing girls. Having a fling with a Dominican stud seems to be one of the major reasons many come here.

Good luck. Continue to keep your head on straight and you should end up ok.

Lissy

Nov 12, 2003
Onions&carrots said:
History repeats itself.

Elaborate???
It's like saying all men are dogs...so should we all just be lesbos then?
See when I got married in 2000 everyone was saying it was papers....little did they know my husband became a citizen the year before....
And yes I did wait for 5 years and two kids to actually get married...not because he was a Dominican man but because I wanted to be sure it would work.

No soy una tonta...end I haven't been taken for anything by a Dominican or any man....(knock on wood)maybe it's cause I'm from the streets....no not prostitution...but straight hood If I have to be...get yours before they get you!