Sun shined today

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What's coming is the cold front that caused all the trouble in the US a few days ago. It left Florida yesterday.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Cold front? Good riddance! Today was a "balmy" 37 degrees Farenheit. The 16 inches of snow are slowly sliding away into the lawn.

We did have two wonderful days where the sky was bright blue, landscapes crisp and white, and morning and evening twilights as pretty as a peach Bellini. Add to that sparkling frost, fog, the scent of evergreen and.....nahhh, I still want to be in the DR!!!!!!!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Sorry?

MaineGirl said:
Cold front? Good riddance! Today was a "balmy" 37 degrees Farenheit. The 16 inches of snow are slowly sliding away into the lawn. We did have two wonderful days where the sky was bright blue, landscapes crisp and white, and morning and evening twilights as pretty as a peach Bellini. Add to that sparkling frost, fog, the scent of evergreen and...
Where was this snow?

In Nagua, Samana, La Romana, Santo Domingo? I missed it!

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Hehe

Representing the US, it's MISS MAINEGIRL, live from the snowy hinterlands, the best damn state in the Union, MAINE....

Now don't be an uppity Caribbean retiree. Feel the pain. I am balling up some snow right now to chuck at you.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
What's coming is the cold front that caused all the trouble in the US a few days ago. It left Florida yesterday.

Any idea how long this cold snap is supposed to last? Not that it makes much difference, we're coming down anyway.......just curious.

Rose

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
So far plenty of sun today in Sosua.

Not all the cold fronts cause trouble. Depends on how much punch they have left by the time they get to the Dominican Republic. The Puerto Rico weather man says the front is quite weak and is not expecting much from it in there. Let's hope same is true here.

http://www.tormenta.net/

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I get back into Sosua on Sunday. Enough of this cold weather. Good thing I collected a lot of money or I would have truly regretted the 6 days in the cold.

58 degrees here today and bright sun. Not too shabby but another cold front coming in by the weekend.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Ken said:
The Puerto Rico weather man says the front is quite weak and is not expecting much from it in there.
Last night the satellite photos should a big clump of clouds and rain along the front over Haiti moving into the DR. This morning though it looks like it may have gone by without bothering us. We'll have to wait until the sun heats things up a bit this afternoon to know but at least there's some sun!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Seems the front was just passing TCI at 10:30-11:00 DR time. Coming at time of max heating it may touch off some afternoon thundershowers as it passes us. But so far, a nice day!

Tom (aka XR)

View 10:45AM Surface Map

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
Weather

Snowing here, but not really cold yet. Snow is not all bad, today's is the light fluffy stuff and I am taking our grandchildren out to cut a Christmas tree for La Bruja. All very picturesque, but I'd rather be taking them out to pick mangoes in Las Galeras. Oh well!

Season's greetings and wishes for dry weather and sunshine to all in the island. Stan.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is 6:00 p.m.

It is overcast but very nice. The sun has shone or shined for most of the day...

XR: Whe the heck can understand that Surface Map besides you????

Chris: Have a nice day at the beach!

HB

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
WEATHER

is this a bit of a 'freak' period of poor weather? What is the weather like ' typically' at this time of year.

Are there any months in particular to avoid visiting in (from a beach vacation viewpoint)?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Rainbows from Xanadu

12142003-1.jpg

Rainbow over Atlantic off Sea Horse Ranch as seen from Xanadu Sunday morning, 12-14-2003.

Tired_Boy Spake Thusly: Is this a bit of a 'freak' period of poor weather? What is the weather like ' typically' at this time of year. Are there any months in particular to avoid ... ?
We had three straight days of sunshine and no rain after about two full months of abnormally cloudy and rainy weather. It did srain a bit this morning early (0.02" at Xanadu) and as you can see in the photo above there are a few showers around at the moment. Nothing like the last few weeks though!

I have never seen so many rainy days in the three years I have lived here. And most everyone I've talked with has said the same thing. They can't ever remember so much rain. It's been caused by a number of things that just all happened to come together at the right time. Bad luck, I guess. Normally there is no 'bad' time to visit. Most days are hot and sunny and any thunderstorms or showers that pop up dissipate quickly.
El Senor Hillbilly Added: Who the heck can understand that Surface Map besides you?
What makes you think I could read it? I have been admonished by some others that map reading is not my forte. :: smile ::

Tom (aka XR)