Health Insurance Question

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Can you obtain a health insurance policy without being a legal resident?
Larry

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Yes. They will reference your passport if you don't have a cedula.

Also- many good clinics offer their own policies which are only good for that clinic.

The best place to ask is a reputable insurance brokerage which deals with all or most of the carriers / clinics as they will know the good and poor points about most of them.

Health insurance here in the DR is very reasonable, even in the really good clinics.

And after the past 8 months' events- beware of buying any insurance from a company that also owns a damn bank. As references for the worst, look at BanInter & Intercontinental Insurance, and BanCredito & Segna.

minn boy

Dec 2, 2003
Good question Health insurance Right now I pay for one woman and child it cost about 1300rd.
I have no idea what it covers the policy is in Spanish. I hope it cover major but this is the dominican republic. I went to a clinic with a bad infection and the doctor recommended a swim in the ocean. Hummm, I went back to the states for care. If there is a better plan love to here about it. minn boy

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
There are certainly better medical clinics

minn boy said:
I went to a clinic with a bad infection and the doctor recommended a swim in the ocean.

Clinic Abreu for example, would not, I suspect, tell you to go swimming if you had an infection.

I find it interesting you are paying 1300 RD$, I presume a month, for something that you don't knwo what it covers.