Holiday Friday?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Is today an official Holiday or is everyone just out spending their Christmas bonuses? It's harder to keep track down here than in Washington, I swear!

Anybody have a link to the 'official' DR Holiday list? I went to a German friend's office and he was locked up (he NEVER misses a Dominican Holiday as an excuse for a day off) and see no new DR1 news today (but without the usual explanation that tomorrow's a holiday so new new news yada-yada-yad).

So what's up? Am I the only gringo working today and not at the beach?

Tom (aka XR)

P.S.
My bet is it's Dia de Santo Brugal, the patron Saint of Dominicans and Dominos, or some such. :: wink ::

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
no, no holiday today.. at least not that I know of, everybody is working in our office here and I'm sure somebody (at least our Dominican co-workers) would have known.

Maybe it's because today it was very sunny since a loooong time.. so everybody headed to the beach before the next rain clouds arrive here.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
No, you're not the only gringo working - but this gringa is going to stop working soon - first day of sunshine and I'm spending the day working! What's wrong with this picture?

We also tried to call our German friend a number of times, but could not get hold of him...