about air santo domingo

josephine

Dec 14, 2003
I travel alot to santo domingo and now with the problem with aeromar I just want to know if it's worth flying with air santo domingo. I want to know if they have a good service. I don't really like aa. Any positive reviews on airsanto domingo, I'm planning to go to dr in january so i need to know so i can buy the plane ticket. Any suggestions? :cool:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
josephine said:
Any suggestions? :cool:

Cross your fingers.

I don't know if they are good and bad but it is probably riskier than AA or CO whether you "like" them or not. Size counts.

Just don't come back in January and belly ache that they are not available etc., late, no food, changed flights, out of business and so forth.

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
josephine GO AHEAD!!!

ASD is a very good company SAFE and reliable, service according to passenger they have a EXCELENT on board service allways on time.
FOR YOUR INFO i PUBLISH here a comment by YAQUI NU?EZ DEL RISCO
have a look to all post here about it

if you want more INFO go to

www.airsantodomingo.com.do

Have a good flight!!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Well there's the other opinion

They have 3 planes and are selling Christmas fares from NYC to SDQ for US$109.00 in a market that should be able to command 4 times that fare, particularly with Aeromar's death, since you have all those Aeromar passengers with no airline any more. Why you would sell low-ball fares when you don't have to is a financial mystery.

This sounds familliar, but they have been around since 1998 and that's longer than Aeromar.

You make a decision and take the risks that go with it.

You might want to read the other thread called "Air Santo Domingo and Listin Diario" which does not make me have a lot of confidence as it appears to be the same sort of operation Aeromar had - e.g. a foreign operator rented by Dominicans.

Last edited:

eli

Jun 10, 2003
The $109.00 originates in Santo Domingo and by the way your precious American is also publishing the same fare northbound.

josephine

Dec 14, 2003
air santo domingo not sure yet

thanks for those who gave me suggestions. I did look up their web site, its tempting. Since i'm going to stay in dr for a couple of months if i choose to try asd, if they have the same problems a aeromar what's going to happen to my return ticket? I don't anything to lose if i do fly with asd. When i came back from dr, i tried aeromar for the first time in august and their service was great. I was surprised that they just went bankrupt and i was going to buy a ticket for this month and with their problem i had to change my dates. But i'll think about it i don't have anything to loose. : : : :cool:

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
I think ASD has been in the game longer than Aeromar.

Air Europa created it and then S.A.P. bought it.
S.A.P. it's a big regional airline they know how to work a company they have flying for a while they have a fleet with around 25 airplanes including the Beechcraft 1900D and 1 Embraer Brasilia EMB-120, those are very good airplanes they have dominican crew, they fly to Puerto Rico from HEX to SIG and SJU and from SDQ to SJU with a 727-200ADV I think, so they are NOT a new airline just guessing around, they know how to handle it.
I know they are wet leasing planes, but that doesn't mean they'll be outta here as soon as Aeromar.
Aeromar was a freighter carrier, they DID star trying with passenger they did good for a while, but there a lot differences between one and the other. Aeromar, probably didn't have the same experience and maybe tryed flying too high. They wanted go too far in a short time.
Boeing 747 from SDQ to JFK!!! Weird ain't it???
So, let's see, let's wait, let's hope the best, cuz maybe a good dominican(even if it's only the name) carrier can make the difference in a few years with the cat2.