Baladas...

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Going to DR in two weeks and making some CD's of some of the best baladas. So far I have:

Abrazame muy Fuerte
Esta Triste Guitara
Jamas (and most other Camilo Sesto songs)
Querida
Simplemente Amigos
Paso La Vida Pensando
Y Como Es El
Me Olvide de Vivir
Eres Tu

Also have various Jose Jose and Luis Miguel tunes.

Any other suggestions?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I finally found the song that I was searching for. I think it's sad but beautiful it's called "en el silenco negro de la noche" by Alexandre Pires. I heard it all the time on the music station while I was in Sosua. Not easy to find on winmx but my sis found it on kazaa

Oh and Fernando Villalona has a nice one called "ya voy borrando"

Last edited:

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Ana,

that song is the end of a triology. Check out Aol latino it has all three songs Amame, Quitemonos la Ropa, and En el silencio negro de la noche. I love his cd can't stop listening.

Lina

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Can anyone participate?

Due?o de nada - Jose Luis Rodriguez

Se Fue/ Respeta mi dolor Fernandito Villalona

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Lina I now have two out of the three. I was willing to buy that CD but I wanted it NOW and little old Guelph here would have ordered the CD for only 32 CND plus tax. LOL and I would have paid too if I hadn't been in such a hurry. The song was stuck in my head. ;)

wolfy

Dec 15, 2003
Need help!

Need help locating any cd's (merengue) that feature a Dominican singer with the last name of miranda. I onlly know they have about three or four cd's out , that he's about 32 years old, and that his name is not apparently feature in the groups name. Any experts out there?;)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
What else is hot in the Dominican right now (musically speaking)? I'd like to record a CD or two for my husband for Christmas, it might help him get over the homesickness for the holidays.

Thanks!

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Paloma blanca?

Maybe I'm somewhat off topic here, but reading the posts in this thread reminded me of a song I've been trying to identify for ever so long. Perhaps someone can help?

It is a song from - I think - the early or mid 90's with a chorus that goes more or less like this,

Una paloma blanca que yo tenia cuando te quieria se me escapaba, (etc etc)

Does it ring a bell, anyone?

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
i think alex bueno had a song like that Paulino

i dont think a cd will cure my home sickness !!!!
i need the pastelitos ,quipes ,uvas ,ponche de crema and los aguinaldos (my be misspelled)
:bored:

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Paulino...

Yes, the song more than rings a bell. Mereco is right, "Una Paloma Blanca," as a merengue is by Alex Bueno.

You can find that song on the Alex Bueno y Su Orquesta: Los A?os Dorados CD.

-Indie

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Mereco & Indie,

Thanks a bunch to both of you! Gonna go looking for the CD once I set foot on DR soil at Aeropuerto del Cibao in late February - can hardly wait. Or to get it even sooner, some latino record store along calle ocho ought to carry it. Shall visit my sister-in-law living in calle seis sw at 18th Ave, in Miami that is, before continuing...que sepan...

Last edited: