Help Good Furniture And Car Wanted

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
just bought a house 5 mins from puerta plata airport, but it has no furniture, so we need everything and we need a cheap car for us and maybe a jeep for our son. Barbara::bunny:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you want rattan furniture, I can give you the name and address, etc., of the factory in Santiago that made it. Many styles to chose from and you can pick your own colors and fabric. We furnished our condo with it and at least several other dr1ers have done likewise.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
We had rattan love seat and chair custom made outside of Santiago last Spring. Then I found some I liked better in July, so..... I now have the love seat/chair for sale. We used it only for a few days.

I can email you pictures if you'd like. We'll be down Dec 30-Jan 14.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The factory I recommend is Artesania Rattan, CxA in Santiago. Their email address is artesana.rattan@codetel.net.do Phone is 809-971-6440. Ask for Yolanda; she speaks excellent English. I know there is a place in Naverete, but haven't gone there so can't comment on it.

What I can say is there no question that Artesania Rattan stands by its furniture. It guarantees it for the life of the piece. The guarantee is real. A couple of years after we bought ours, we noticed some bug activity in the wood trim on one of the beds. Artesania Rattan sent a truck from Santiago to pick it up, put it in their poison gas chamber, then returned it by truck. No charge. I know other people who have gotten sevice under the guarantee on pieces close to 10 years old.

If you go to Artesania Rattan, don't just see what is in the catalogs and the display area. Walk through the factory. If you see a piece you like but would prefer it a little different, they will make the change for you. A number of the pieces we have were modified to our specifications. Also, they will color the furniture to your specifications, and you can use whatever fabric you want. If you don't want any they offer, get your own and take a credit for the fabric you didn't get from them.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Ken said:
The factory I recommend is Artesania Rattan, CxA in Santiago. Their email address is artesana.rattan@codetel.net.do Phone is 809-971-6440. Ask for Yolanda; she speaks excellent English. I know there is a place in Naverete, but haven't gone there so can't comment on it.

What I can say is there no question that Artesania Rattan stands by its furniture. It guarantees it for the life of the piece. The guarantee is real. A couple of years after we bought ours, we noticed some bug activity in the wood trim on one of the beds. Artesania Rattan sent a truck from Santiago to pick it up, put it in their poison gas chamber, then returned it by truck. No charge. I know other people who have gotten sevice under the guarantee on pieces close to 10 years old.

If you go to Artesania Rattan, don't just see what is in the catalogs and the display area. Walk through the factory. If you see a piece you like but would prefer it a little different, they will make the change for you. A number of the pieces we have were modified to our specifications. Also, they will color the furniture to your specifications, and you can use whatever fabric you want. If you don't want any they offer, get your own and take a credit for the fabric you didn't get from them.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Thank you Ken, for furniture details. I am on GMT here in UK and the gmt clock on this site is 50mins slow, thats all..........Im not stupid. My laptop clock beside it is correct, but I just wondered, I know you're a bit laid back is that why??

Sandeep

Jan 8, 2003
www.coralbayrealestate.com
We used a mechanic in Puerto Plata (friend of BushBaby's on the board) to take us to Santiago for the day. More choice of dealers / vehicles and better prices. We paid the mechanic for his time and although I suspect there were some backhanders involved....I did however purchase an A1 car which we have had no problems with and at a excellent price. If you need his contact details, feel free to PM me.