bookstores

missbux

Oct 17, 2003
hi all
i am living in cabarete and would like to know if anyone is aware of a book store that might carry english language books anywhere in the country but hope santiago. i am specifically searching for an english copy of the i ching. any and all ?help appreciated.
cheers
m

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
You may be able to find English language books in Santiago. Though I doubt you will find what you desire. You will spend much time and fuel passing from one bookstore to another looking for your title. What you will find is a new experience in the country and/or frustration. An alternate solution to your situation is to get an EPS account or similar ( a mail & package express service ) for about 200 pesos. Then order your books online from www.amazon.com or a similar vendor and have the books sent to the express company for forwarding to you. An added benefit is a new Dominican law exempts books from taxes and you get what you want without having to travel the country and the shipping costs will be far less than gas money spent in a search. Regards, PJT

Note: I checked and Amazon.com does have I Ching titles

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
In Santiago you can go to Theasaurus in Plaza International. They have the largest selection of english titles in the city, AT LEAST a whole 100 books there.

You can also try Supermercado Nacionale, on the left hand side near the entrance is their bookstore (upstairs). They probably only have 10% of the stock of Theasaurus, or around 10 english books.

So if you're unable to locate your book among the approx 110 english titles available in Santiago, you may want to go to Amazon as suggested by PJT. Also try http://addall.com for the best deals on used books.

Adrian

P.S. I have bought approximately 350 books from the US via internet and shipped through Business Mail in my 2 years in the DR.