Shopping in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneMex

Nov 30, 2003
Does anyone know if there is some type of Marketplace in Puerto Plata? If so, I have a few questions...
What is the name of it?
What time does it close daily?
Is it closed on Sundays?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There is a farmer's market where primarily fruits and vegetables are sold. Is that what you are asking about?

OneMex

Nov 30, 2003
No a place to shop for souvenirs and such... place to barter and what not. Clothing, Crafts, Jewelery, etc.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
There is, but I can't remember what it's called at the moment. It's open one day a week. Mondays or Tuesday's? I'll try and ask Cristian, Jose, or someone who works for me again and post back to be sure.

It's located behind the private hospital/clinic in Puerto Plata. Entering from Sosua go straight/left through the first traffic circle just beyond the Burger King. The second traffic light is at the top of a hill with the public hospital on the left. There is a street that juts off to the right at an angle that connects the main highway with Calle del Seperacion. Halfway between the light and the end of the street on the right, behind the private clinic,approximately, is the location of the weekly bizzare.

Tom (aka XR)

enh

Feb 22, 2003
Ask any cab driver to take you to Mercado Modelo. Souvenirs to fruits and vegetables. I don't know the hours but I am sure it's open 7 days a week.

enh

Feb 22, 2003
The name is Mercado Nuevo not Mercado Model. Sorry. I think it's on calle Isabela de Torres and Villanueva. If you need a taxi call Jorge at Taxi Naranja at 261 1246 or his cell at 269 0980. He lives near the Mercado Nuevo.

Status
Not open for further replies.