Mixed Drinks??

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
I have a friend that is going to Punta Cana this weekend and she heard from a friend that the resort bars do not make those fruity type drinks we have in the bars up here. You know, like Pina Coladas, BahamaMamas, Fuzzy Navels, Sex-on-the-Beach, etc. Is that true, or what? Any comments from you PC travelers.? I told her all she really needed to know was, "Presidente", "Cuba Libre" and "Mamajuana"! But, anyway, I was kind of curious myself.
Thanks,
Bob

kokakahlua

Dec 29, 2002
drinks

Hola, we have been to the DR many times, and every resort we have stayed at offered "mixed drinks", such as pina coladas, etc.

We have stayed at the Riu's, Fiesta, and Breezes.

Hope your friend enjoys their vacation!!

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Thanks Koka,

I was beginning to think nobody drank while on vacation in the DR! I wish I was going with her. Salud.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Chick Drinks, Wussy Drinks, Fag Drinks, Tourist Drinks, Boat Drinks.....Whatever you call it, they are all readily available at the Hotel bars. Don't forget to make sure they give you a straw and paper umbrella!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is a durn shame!

Folks don't know that rum and soda is outstanding, rum and orange juice will last the night. Outstanding rum on the rocks (Imperial or any of the other top-of-the-line rums are great for sippin')

Them touristy thingys are icky poo!

I never say any one in PJ Clark's with an umbrellah??????

HB

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
con alcohol

Punta cana resorts offered a lot of your fancy slushy drinks when I was there, BUT you had to specify if you wanted them with alcohol! Otherwise you got a virgin.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Punta cana resorts offered a lot of your fancy slushy drinks when I was there, BUT you had to specify if you wanted them with alcohol! Otherwise you got a virgin.
You ask for a fruity beverage and they deliver to your table a nubile young thing who's never had the pleaseure of the intimate company of a 'member' of the opposite sex.

Wait a minute.

Where is that resort? I feel a vacation coming on ...
love-smiley-087.gif

Tom (aka XR)

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
my comment is..........................

--------------- 151 -------------------

Try it and then take the paint off your brushes with it!
Also if you bring some back (which might actually be illegal??) don't leave it in sight when your brother and his 17 year old friend are looking after your house for you!!

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Yes I like the 151. It also does well cleaning your car engine. But I still prefer sipping on a little Dewars over ice. As I said, the original question was for a friend of mine. She will be at the Sirenes Cocotal this weekend. So if you hear a girl with a Russian accent, nice body, etc., stop and say hello....and buy her a Pina Colada.

Last edited:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
151 is readily available in the US. Bacardi and Matasulem both make it. How do you think you use to make "Purple Passions" for the honeys back in our High School days?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A holiday recipe with 151

Take a pinepple, core it with a nice thin, long knife, but not all the way through!! Fill the opening with 151, put in fridge.
Next day fill it up again, put it back in the fridge. Next day fill it again. That afternoon, peel the pineapple, chop it into small bite size pieces. Make your normal fruit punch with good rum,adding a little more of the 151 and, of course, the pineapple pieces.

Make sure the prettiest girls eat the most pineapple.

HB

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
151 recipe

haha thanx for the recipe - i bet you have a few stories to tell!
I will try it next June when i am in the DR!

Coral Reef

Dec 19, 2003
151 recipe

Very inefficient, Hillbilly. What you do is eat all the pineapple yourself. This magically gets rid of the unattractive members of the opposite sex.