A great time in Cabarete

rickkamm

Nov 28, 2003
My wife and I just returned from 12 days in the DR. After a few days in Santo Domingo, we took the bus to Sosua and the went on to Cabarete. The Caribe Tours bus was wonderful, good seats very nice and wonderfully cheap.

We stayed at Villa Taina, which is on the west end of Cabarete. The hotel was wonderful. Very nice room on the third floor overlooking the pool and a view of the beach. A very nice breakfast was provided each morning. The beach was to our liking, lots of activity to watch, and good waves to make swimming interesting. We really didn't do too much but sit and read so I can't talk a lot about activities. We did do the all day downhill trip with Iguana Mama and found it quite relaxing and not particularily challenging.

The restaruants in Cabarete were quite good. The selection was outstanding, rangeing from Dominican cafes to very upscale gourmet.

We have traveled a lot and are generally quite active and adventurous, yet, we found that Cabarete was just what we were looking for on this trip