Whats Your Opinion?

Starz_in_my_eye

Nov 29, 2003
Should a resort worker who is fantastic at the job he/she does, is energetic, helpful and goes beyond the call of duty just to make the tourist happy lose his/her employment because he/she is a little preoccupied with someone else the following day?

My opinion is: When we travel, we know what we are getting into before we get there. Our main goal for vacation is to have fun, be who we can't be in the states, and return home fresh with new attitudes. Live for the moment so to speak. We know what sankies and prositutes are, by golly it is the topic of the message board at least once a week! So we travel cautiously leaving heart and feelings back home. (at least the first time).

I do NOT think anyone should lose their employment because someone has hurt feelings. These resorts are quite aware of what is going on quiet as it may or may not be. In fact, given that we are all adults, and regarding the old saying "it takes 2 to tango" , Tourist running to management with ill feelings and complaining of broken hearts should be taken lightly and employees should be docked a day (complaint resolved) ... Hey shit happens!

But thats just my opinion.. whats your's I'd like to :bunny:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
If the sankie can't keep it in his pants

'till the last conquest is in the air and on her way home - that's his problem. Not the brightest resort worker to flaunt the new squeeze in front of the previous one - but then I forget that they aren't hired for what's between their ears but what's between their ...

I'm with Ken - no sympathy here either.

Gregg

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Starz_in_my_eye said:
Should a resort worker who is fantastic at the job he/she does, is energetic, helpful and goes beyond the call of duty just to make the tourist happy lose his/her employment because he/she is a little preoccupied with someone else the following day?

Yes. It is as unprofessional in an AI as anywhere else. And it victimizes the tourist ( usually women if not always) because it is insincere.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The long (no pun intended) and short of it is: She fell for a charmer, they had a roll in the hay, and he moved on to the next conquest. A phenomenon of the DR? I hardly think so. This happens every where, all the time. I know a lot of men like this in good ol Nova Scotia. Check out your local bar, I bet you will find them there too. Should he be fired? no. I have it on good authority that the hotels encourage this behavior, and as we have two consenting adults, I think the decision to fire him was extreme. Maybe she should grow up a little and stop jumping into the sack with men she just met, if she can't handle "the day after the night before". ;) Notwithstanding all of that, lol, I can't help but wonder if he really did get fired or if he is laying the foundation to hit you up for cash. Cuidado!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Should sankies masquerading as resort workers be fired for preying on customers of the resort? I think yes.

Their job is to work at the resort. Not to romance and con the guests.

You say they should just be docked a days pay for their antics if a guest of the resort complains about them but what about the money the resort loses as a result of the unhappy guest? I think it would amount to a lot more than the 100 pesos the sankie would lose for the day.

I know there are laws in the DR protecting employees but if you are costing your employer money because you are not following the rules, you deserve to get fired.

Larry

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I think an employee should be fired for his/her actions for this kind of behavior. A business has to maintain some type of professionalism and if they wanted to bump booties, they should have done it off the resort and/or not during the scheduled work hours. I have no problem with someone trying to make extra money with sexual favors for tourists, telling lies about how special that person, or just performing pay for play action but not at work. The woman had to be super naieve to even believe in sincerity from the worker or just plain stupid. She reacted in petty jealousy but what should she have expected. An undying love from an exotic man who can give her the world, I think not. The only thing she should have been prepared for him to give her was an STD and/or a good romp in the hay.

Geez, even I don't believe the Dominican women who profess their love for me, not anymore after being screwed over by a normal dominicana. I for sure would never been taken by a women working at a resort or a sex worker. Once bitten, twice shy. It is a game around the tourist areas especially: bag the sexually repressed, undesirable tourist woman/man who normally is overweight and striking out at closing times at the bars even in the states. If a woman is that hard up and naieve/stupid, pay me with expensive gifts/money and I will say whatever you want me to say and as long as you aren't too nasty, bump booties as well:)

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
But of course!!!!

Starz_in_my_eye said:

My opinion is: When we travel, we know what we are getting into before we get there. Our main goal for vacation is to have fun, be who we can't be in the states, and return home fresh with new attitudes. Live for the moment so to speak. We know what sankies and prositutes are, by golly it is the topic of the message board at least once a week! So we travel cautiously leaving heart and feelings back home. (at least the first time).

I do NOT think anyone should lose their employment because someone has hurt feelings. These resorts are quite aware of what is going on quiet as it may or may not be. In fact, given that we are all adults, and regarding the old saying "it takes 2 to tango" , Tourist running to management with ill feelings and complaining of broken hearts should be taken lightly and employees should be docked a day (complaint resolved) ... Hey shit happens!

But thats just my opinion.. whats your's I'd like to :bunny:
He should have been fired, 100%. And that "smarty" that was hurt because she was just a one night stand should have understood that she was just a "get off" item for that resort worker. Resort workers in the DR get so much booties from tourists that they just move to the next desperate victim. If you are ready to go to bed with someone that you just met and that gets so much sex from tourists, then you should be ready to understand that he was just using you. You spected him to give his heart to someone that would go to bed with him after knowing him a few days or hours. Maybe he just thought that that person was as easy as him/her. Maybe in the DR resorts they tell their workers to socialize with the tourists. That it's very unprofessional. But they know that many females just go there to get some. She is lucky that she did not get any desease or that she gave him a desease herself since she was so easy to begin with.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
don't fire him

As said before, if you sleep with someone without knowing anything about him/her you should be able to face up to the 'next day'.

These 'victims' should have been wiser and if not it is time they got an education.

We 've all had this happen to us at one time or another, usually in our teens. We all learned that a one-night stand most of the time is just that. If a person sleeps with you on the 1st night there either hopelessly in love with you, desparate for attention or just easy.

Don't count on the first two in the DR (or anywhere for that matter) if you're a 'constantly striking out' person who gets laid by an attractive member of the opposite sex.

And as far as complaining about it goes: GET A LIFE!

They should actually thank the sankie or puta for a nice experience and an educational lesson.

MD

Lissy

Nov 12, 2003
as long as he/she was off the clock.....what you do in or on your personal time is just that...personal time.....

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
That is true in most cases, Lissy. But situation with sankis is different because their occupation at the hotel is what puts them in contact with the girls and when there are problems, as in this case, it reflects badly on the hotel. The sankis know this. The hotels often turn a blind eye to their activities, but when the hotel gets blamed for something a sanki did they protect themselves, not the sanki.

Again, the sankis know this. The sanki that dropped one girl and went after another while the first was in the hotel was on his way out the door as soon as #1 made her complaint.

Of course, as someone else has implied, he may have thought the "help" he would get from #2 would have made loss of his job worthwhile.

cami03

Dec 23, 2003
You take your chances when you go off with a worker. If you are mature enough to go off with someone then you do so with your eyes open. You are on a vacation and you are just another item in the buffet so grow up and accept it.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
cami03 said:
You take your chances when you go off with a worker. If you are mature enough to go off with someone then you do so with your eyes open. You are on a vacation and you are just another item in the buffet so grow up and accept it.
Don't forget, cami03, that the worker was also an item in buffet for her. As my brother says: the easier you are, the easier that it will be to dump you. Easy come, easy go...

cami03

Dec 23, 2003
that is why no should lose a job over something like that. You need to go into all situations with your eyes open.

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
What Victim ?

Why do you people keep using the word "victim" to describe the vacationer:confused: .She or he was not raped, she/he willing participated.

I look at this way, if I became sexualy involved with an off duty local police woman that patrols my town, should I have the right to complain to the police chief and request that she is fired when she no longer wants to sleep with with me. Afterall, my tax dollars are being used to pay her salary.

Last edited:

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
In my eyes..................
I am quite confident that 'that' is not in the job description

If things are hapenning at work - then the employer has a right to do something (seeing as he is paying out the wages)
If things are happening outside work then it comes down to it being 2 consenting adults, who both know whats happening.