Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

provo312

Dec 22, 2003
We are flying into POP on the 26th from chicago - home of Sammy and wondered what the weather has been like? Also I heard about the earthquake last week - does anyone know if the club Dorado was effected?

Any ideas what we can do while in the are we are only there for 4 days and want to have a great time without going all tourist and taking advantage of the unknown stuff only locals know about.

Thanks!

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
My two cents worth

Answer #1.
It doesn't matter what the weather has been like, it only matters what it will be like when you are there. I guarantee it will be warmer than Chicago and that will make you forget about whatever else the weather is like.

The earthquake happened in September and from what I have heard there was very little damage around Playa Dorada.

Answer #2
Since you will only be in the area for 4 days, just relax and learn all about the North Coast. Take a day trip into town or to Sosua or Cabarete. Then next time you come back you will know what to do and can plan ahead to do it. You will have a great time no matter what you do. If you want some ideas, do a search in the forum archives. There is a lot of good information there that will answer your questions.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
If you go out to the main gates to PLaya Dorada you will get no end of people asking you to jump in their vehicle (to go where you want). This is really cheap. Go to Sosua but particularly Cabarete, from what i have read on this site - Caberete sounds good fun, unfortunately i have only been the once and got stung on my back-side by a jellyfish. Anyway.................. Sosua is a nice beach for snorkelling. Cabarete sounds busy at night. We have got a lift to Sosua for as little is 20/30 pesos, but they will tell you it is 200 - knock them down!
I believe the earthquake was towards the end of September and caused minor damage like cracks to some buildings, nothing to worry about anyway.

Enjoy yourself!

provo312

Dec 22, 2003
Thanks

It looks like rain but will be warmer than Chicago and we can still drink in the rain! Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Feliz Navidad!

Status
Not open for further replies.