Need help with accommodations decision

Kathryn in MN

Dec 1, 2003
www.travelfrom.com
I posted a while back and got some great information here. I'm looking for more help again. We are going to the DR for the first time Jan 9-16. We are probably staying at the Bahia Principe Jan 12-16 (a great deal with TA discounts).

I'm looking for somewhere to stay the first 3 nights - in between POP and Rio San Juan. Preferably not AI. We normally don't do AI, so we'd like to get away from that our first few nights. We like to eat where the locals do, and we prefer local culture to partying visitors (this doesn't mean we don't like to do our share of partying too). My husband is on crutches, so we'll not be as adventurous as usual - just looking to relax and enjoy GOOD food and the local culture.

I'm leaning towards Caberete or Sousa. Does anyone have input on these areas - or somewhere better that they'd suggest?

I really need help with finding a particular hotel - something other than the big AI's that I have easy access to. We'd prefer to be on the beach - under $75 per night - less would be even better.

Thanks for your help.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hi again. the crutches reminded me...

Why not get in touch with Ken or Eddy or Peter and Alex. I would think that between them they would know all the nice places. And WAY under $75 a night!..Lots of nice places around Sosua and also around Cabarete. Flip a coin and go with destiny on your side..

Oh you'll have a lovely time...

HB

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Kathryn in MN said:

I'm leaning towards Caberete or Sousa. Does anyone have input on these areas - or somewhere better that they'd suggest?

Thanks for your help.

Hillbilly is right, you will find a lot of nice places in Sosua or Cabarete. But another hotel I would recommend for what you are looking for would be the Bahia Blanca in Rio San Juan. It is a little past where you want to go, but it is in a stunning setting overlooking the bay with a beach on either side. Plenty of local restaurants close by, and the food at the hotel is good as well. The price is probaby close to $30 US per night. You will have plenty of choices-all will be good.

Bob H.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
DR Holiday

Hi Kathryn,

There are many places you can find in your price range in Sosua and Cabarete and some of them are still available for the period .

If you like , please send me an email and I would be glad to help you out.

Have a great time in DR, you'll love it, no matter where you go:)))
I did!!!

Happy Holidays to ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: