teenagers welcome?

willy

Dec 26, 2003
My daughter and I are going to stay at the Grand Ventana in DR in the new year. She is 14 years old and has some questions about weather or not she is going to be the only teenager there. Not that she doesn't want to hang with the old farts, but is into doing a little local schmoozing with kids her age. Any Feedback?

Dec 9, 2002
No, she won't be the only teenager. I have stayed many times at the Gran Ventana and there have always been youngsters there. She won't have to hang around the old farts unless she wants to.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
we have stayed in Playa Dorada 6 times, dont worry she won't be the only teenager there, plus the staff make everybody very welcome, if she is the kind that gets involved with activities and things - she will be fine!

chico

Nov 23, 2003
Simalar question:

I have teenage boys we took them to jamaica we were asked to buy marijuana and cocain several times iether on the beach or in public markets, we are staying in punta cana resort area, would we expect to see this there as well, maybe you could tell us where to stay away from, this would be greatly apreciated,

chico

calamardoazul

Jul 29, 2003
Gran Ventana is great

I've stayed at that hotel many times , by myself or with my wife and my two kids. Is a very family friendly place to stay and food is ok.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
...........TO CHICO..........

you will have no problems like what you mentioned in Jamaica (normally)

chico

Nov 23, 2003
Ok now i know the boys like to smoke a bit of weed (dam new generations...lol),,, you think if they asked for it that they could find it, they were pretty young in jamaica so i wasn't to worried , now im unleashing a 16 and 18 yr old really a bit worried, im gonna give them the usual talking too, just was freaked out in jamaica about the people there flonting it around as if its the norm...I guess im just looking for some reasurances...

chico

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Chico,
Don't just give them the usual talking to, explain to them that in the DR, if they are caught by the police with drugs, they are in for some SERIOUS problems. This way, if they are approached by someone, they will have already made up their minds that it wouldn't be worth it anyway and will not make a poor decision which could lead to a shitload of problems for them and you.

Larry

Dec 9, 2002
Chico, I don't think you'll even have a problem. In Jamaica it's different, drugs are readily available on every corner. Not so in DR in my experience. If they have the good sense to "just say no" they'll be fine wherever they are in the world.

chico

Nov 23, 2003
Thanks everyone your makin feel alot better, maybe a trip to the local jail will scare them..lol

Apreciate your help on this one.

chico