Santo Domingo to Punta Cana HOW?

travelbug

Dec 31, 2003
Hi all :cool: My hubby and I need to get from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana in the end of January. Cant' afford the flight. Do Caribe tours or Metro go there?? If not, any suggestions?? Thank you thank you!

lorimark

Nov 20, 2003
taxi

I may be mistaken, but i have heard you can get a taxi for around $100.00 from Santo Domingo(don't take the bus, it is cheap but it'll take an entire day of crappy travel) Go to the website Debbies Dominican.com, she has almost EVERYThING you need to know!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
EDIT: from a previous post of PJT

You have a couple of options. There is the Santo Domingo to Bavaro bus (809) 686-0637 that leaves Sto Domingo from Juan Sanchez Ramirez #31 near Maximo Gomez, express direct to Bavaro/Punta Cana. The bus leaves at 7 am and 4 pm, the cost is 170 Pesos. 7 am bus arrives Bavaro/Punta Cana around 11 am, 4 pm bus arrives around 8-9 pm

Your other option is to go to Parque Enriquillo in the Capital and catch an hourly express bus to Higuey for about 120 Pesos and then take a local mini-bus (gua-gua) about 35 Pesos to Bavaro/Punta Cana.

Note: If you are traveling with baggage be advised the gua-guas from Higuey do not have stowage. What you have with you will have to be placed in you lap or you pay for the seat to stow it. Plus, the gua-guas are crowded. Better bet is a taxi from Higuey to Bavaro/Punta Cana that will cost about $400 Pesos.

Note: The express buses to/from the Capitol are clean with a/c and movies.

Regards, PJT

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
bus

I recomend you to take the bus because the taxi will take the same time almost 4 hour to to get there. is the same thing you can take the Bus express that PJT is telling you. if you have luggage they have place where to put it also.

Homer Simpson